Random Daily Photos August 2022 Edition

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Rusting in the basement, my old 40 I used for LH curls only because my RH tended to be naturally stronger from carpenrty.
08876457-3737-46C2-BD7C-32EBA6121D4A.jpeg

When I met my wife (on CL, dating in my 40s!) she almost bowed out after the first date because as she said, I was "too blond, too buff and my teeth were too white"! She was 29 and I was 45.
Turns out, wimmins are not all into beefy!
Anyhow, no longer lifting but I do require ice to manage chronic pain from 100+ repetitive stress injuries.
More due to stuff lke carrying sheetrock two sheets at a time up several floors sort of stuff, than the weight lifting.
But fitness has long term results, like joint replacement and other joints you just hafta live with!
8FBE3415-6A29-4D9F-97AF-56AAA670BA7F.jpeg

donrichfan

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
Forgot grizzly not brown.
Have you watched Grizzly Man?
Bears who like salmon dinners can dine on people if the salmon are not running!
I think they're basically the same... although there's probably an expert here that knows far more about their classification than I.
Have not heard of Grizzly Man, but will be watching it.
Lucky for me, we got outta there the day after the numbers began to drop!

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
Rusting in the basement, my old 40 I used for LH curls only because my RH tended to be naturally stronger from carpenrty.
View attachment 1015888
When I met my wife (on CL, dating in my 40s!) she almost bowed out after the first date because as she said, I was "too blond, too buff and my teeth were too white"! She was 29 and I was 45.
Turns out, wimmins are not all into beefy!
Anyhow, no longer lifting but I do require ice to manage chronic pain from 100+ repetitive stress injuries.
More due to stuff lke carrying sheetrock two sheets at a time up several floors sort of stuff, than the weight lifting.
But fitness has long term results, like joint replacement and other joints you just hafta live with!
View attachment 1015889

Of all the diet/exercise fads, none work better than simple old fashioned consistent weightlifting.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Of all the diet/exercise fads, none work better than simple old fashioned consistent weightlifting.
Well also being strong and able is huge, feels great to be able bodied! just relating my experience with hard use in my youth resulting in being disabled before retirement age.
When I hit 59 my waist line suddenly went from 32 to 34 in seemingly no time flat.
Stopped night carbs snd larger carb eating, but cannot lift weights any more. Back to 32”. Still high energy active so carbs get burned but drastically limited by how I assumed my immortal frame could be run year after year.
Given the choice now?
I would preserve my joints more carefully in my youth, not sit doing nothing but choose moderate rather than heavier weight lifting.
Again though, work and play did as much damage as weights.
62 is young to be so beat up damaged and in constant pain.
Something to consider!

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Here’s a closer view of the now dry dull first coat, you can just see some orbital sander marks I failed to eliminate sanding last night. I knew some would still show but didn’t care as much about that as how much my hand was going to hurt today.
Still pretty, just not up to par.
A5E541EE-49DB-47F6-8190-991C0CF4623A.jpeg

Stanford Guitar

Friend of Leo's
I do a little with weights but I would say I do best by just running. Just 40 or so miles a month keeps me pretty fit (I did 48 in July though!!! Yes!)
Hard to argue with running. One of the fundamental human movements. For me it's mountain biking and weight lifting. For years it was wrestling and judo, but for the past few years I've slacked off on that, mainly due to fear of injury.

Last edited: