Random Daily Photos August 2022 Edition

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
'Ere's a lonesome little murican castle by the water in the gray grey light of a rare foggy August day

8CCEBE51-4B3B-4496-A1F8-C008167532AD.jpeg

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
All things in moderation 😅🍻

(But I do know one or two folks here who don't follow that advice, of course)
Oh I missed that comment by @Phrygian77 and being sober as a judge ex con I dont have much love for pics of beer but my wife and her family drink without ruffling my feathers.
Moderation?
Is that kinda like the "normal" setting on a washing machine?
I keep looking and that seems to be misding from my hardware?
Nope, no normal or moderate here!

effzee

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
Oh I missed that comment by @Phrygian77 and being sober as a judge ex con I dont have much love for pics of beer but my wife and her family drink without ruffling my feathers.
Moderation?
Is that kinda like the "normal" setting on a washing machine?
I keep looking and that seems to be misding from my hardware?
Nope, no normal or moderate here!
Where I live, beer has just been the major commodity for many, many centuries. The Celts and Germanic people brewed beer here 3,000 years ago, not kidding. I don't mean Germany in general, I mean our specific little region of Upper Franconia. It has something to do with the water and the poor soil quality which results in optimal grains for brewing (less good for bread).

The thing is, when you grow up with beer and alcohol not being taboo, you also don't tend to abuse them. When I visit family and friends in the US, they drink waay too much, waaay too fast, like once they start they can't stop. "Slamming beers" is a social activity. People here don't do that (as much).

Last edited:

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Where I live, beer has just been the major commodity for many, many centuries. The Celts and Germanic people brewed beer here 3,000 years ago, not kidding. I don't mean Germany in general, I mean our specific little region of Upper Franconia. It has something to do with the water and the poor soil quality which results in optimal grains for brewing (less good for bread).

The thing is, when you grow up with beer and alcohol not being taboo, you also don't tend to abuse them. When I visit family and friends in the US, they drink waay too much, like once they start they can't stop. People here don't do that (as much).
Same thing with the Dutch and the devils lettuce

I saw an interview with Dutch teenagers and they had no interest in indulging, I guess because it’s just always been around and looked at as a stoner tourist type thing

(Although I admit it was a small group sample so I may be off base)

But 100% right about alcohol as in having A beer with lunch or in the afternoon is more common than dinking for the sake of drinking like it is over here

Fretting out

Doctor of Teleocity
Getting everything off the deck so I can clean and stain~ hopefully the weather cooperates in next few days.
Big T-storm rolled through right after moving everything. View attachment 1015423 View attachment 1015424
I’ve had good luck with doing them in a grippy paint (have to see if I can remember what it was called) but it has a grit to it

Here’s a dock type thing we did for a customer (of course I take the worst pictures and never get the whole job,I guess that’s why it’s called work)
843DC9DF-82BF-480E-993B-011720456083.png

7A73C178-BD47-4E4D-B53F-FF6B1B23DDA8.png
E43214B0-729C-4978-B3C6-10C7E103A7F2.png