Ran into an old girlfriend last weekend

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Digital Larry, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Matt Sarad likes this.
  2. PastorJay

PastorJay Tele-Afflicted

Inspired by this thread and an episode of "God Friended Me," I tried to find a girl I met at church camp back in the 70s.

Failed miserably. Social media was no help. I can't remember the name of the seminary student she was dating last I saw her.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Matt Sarad likes this.
  3. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

Professional make-up artists don't hurt. I'm not trying to bash actresses. I'm just saying that they may inadvertently cause unrealistic expectations. Some might say, "Hey, Jennifer Aniston still looks like she's 24, why doesn't ____?" But the fact is that sans makeup, Jennifer Aniston kind of looks like the pissed-off middle age mother of 2 who works in our mailroom.

552019_300.jpg

4. harold h

harold h Friend of Leo's

I still bang a few of my old girlfriends-

and my wife doesnt even mind!

(J/K folks happily married) :D

getbent, Matt Sarad and Mad Kiwi like this.
  5. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

I was thinking back to the few other times we'd crossed paths. A couple years after we broke up, I was going out with this other girl and went to see a Doc Watson show. I figured my ex would be there as she is a huge Doc Watson fan and you probably won't believe this, but she really could play guitar like him, both flatpicking and fingerstyle. Extraordinarily talented. So, luck of the draw, we have reserved seats RIGHT NEXT to her and her new boyfriend. How fun is that?

Ten or so years pass (?). Next time I saw her, she said, "remember that time we ran into each other at Doc Watson? You were SO OBNOXIOUS! It's one of the reasons I liked you!"

Anyway, what makes you think I am reminiscing about her?

Matt Sarad and telemnemonics like this.
  6. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

IBTL

Matt Sarad likes this.
  7. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Interesting tales of lost romance!
    I actually lived with an ex for several years after breaking up, and dated several women during that time, the last of which I ended up marrying. Hanging out with a new gf and the ex was not really a problem, except for one girl who didn't like it when my ex tried to talk about, uh, stuff we used to do that the new gf was then doing with me.
    That ex was also a music partner who I taught to play bass, but we were better as friends. At times a violent woman, who once attacked me with a utility knife.

Ten years ago I ran into an ex after 30 years, that was something.
    She said "I have to stop gazing at you".
    Most exes I'm still fond of, I'd even say I love some of them, maybe even all of them.
    Some though I'd hide behind the nearest dumpster to avoid a face to face encounter.
    One wrote me into a memoir that got on the NYT best seller list for a while.
    Avoid that one like the plague, BPD if you know what that is. Got her into a psych ward though so I think I did some good there!
    Very smart woman who had extended periods of being well put together, followed by periods of total destruction.
    What can I say, my self preservation instinct has a bad track record...

One of my longest ago not quite exes works at the post office and I see her a few times a week.
    She was 15 when I was 18 and I kept taking her out but she refused to be romantic, not attracted to me or not doing that stuff, not sure which. It's nice to see her though and we have happy interactions.

8. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

My first real serious girlfriend, actually we were engaged, was so cute and bubbly. After 5 years or so I wanted to downsize big time and go to college, she wanted us to move to Austin so we could "party".
    We parted ways and it really broke my heart- for like years I mean.
    I got my degree(s) finally, married, had a family, divorced, all that.

Not long ago she contacted me on FB. She wanted to get together for drinks. She's still cute as hell, and still immature as hell.
    She has a daughter who is a doctor and doesn't talk to her and a son who has been studying to be a motorcycle mechanic for 6 years and still mooches off her.
    I sure did a bullet with that one.

Matt Sarad and Digital Larry like this.
  9. ndcaster

ndcaster Poster Extraordinaire

What a thread.

I had to have a look, so I found one of my gf's (very smart) married a schoolteacher (math) in another country. Another (an east coastie FREAK) married what looks like a bruiser type environmental lawyer out west.

LOL

Happy for them.

Matt Sarad likes this.
  10. Matt Sarad

Matt Sarad Tele-Meister

I just remembered Julie. Lasted a few months. Her friend, Jean, was a hottie I tried to hook up. Didn’t work out. When I was dating Karen before we got married, we went to eat Italian food.
    The waitress came up and said, “ Matt?”.
    It was Jean, just as hot as before.
    Karen kicked me under the table.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Digital Larry likes this.
  11. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

I just went to on exe's retirement party. She's the emergency contact at school if they can't get hold of my wife or me.

One other ex was very surprised that I'd still speak to her. Apparently, none of her other exes will.

The rest don't much matter.

12. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Well I found mine from about thirty years ago and wrote and sent her this song....Needless to say I have not heard back :) Not sure what I was hoping to find... its generally best to let things lie I'd say

13. Digital Larry

Digital Larry Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Anyone ever read Marquez' "Love in the Time of Cholera"?

dmitri and Matt Sarad like this.
  14. Tele22

Tele22 Tele-Meister

A friend of mine once told me: ‘I’ve had two girlfriends - that was one too many.’

Matt Sarad likes this.
  15. Pasta Player

Pasta Player Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Couple of years back, had brief surprise encounters with two old flames, within 30 days of each other.
    One while riding an elevator up to see an old friend in the hospital and the other while stepping off an elevator to exit a building.

In the hospital elevator I heard a somewhat familiar voice from behind, ask if I was Pasta Player. The other elevator opened up on the ground floor (and the lights there were out for some reason) and I found myself face-to-face with the other former flame. Spoo-kee. Now mind you, no known existing animosity with either former GF… but more than a bit odd under both circumstances.

Needless to say, I now take the stairs as often as possible. There’s just something about being in an enclosed space, with no alternate exit.:eek:

Digital Larry likes this.
  16. DesmoDog

DesmoDog Tele-Afflicted

I've only had two other serious relationships other than my marriage. The first ex was so long ago I'm not sure we'd have much to talk about, I know I've changed a lot since we knew each other no hard feelings at all but it'd just be small talk, and I suck at that.

The other... she could be a joy to talk to or an absolute nightmare. And I never knew which one was going to show up. When it was good, it was great. When it was bad... yikes. Anyway, depending on which one would show up I'd either love talking to her again or be happy I had gone 20+ years without dealing with that BS. On the plus side, my years with her were good prep for dealing with Italian motorcycles that were fantasitic right up until they weren't...

17. Mark

Mark Tele-Meister

18. Mark

Mark Tele-Meister

Could you send me her number?

19. Dan German

Dan German Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Yes.

P Thought likes this.
  20. getbent

getbent Telefied Silver Supporter

dan fogelberg ftw.

Thinliner likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.