Raising Arizona, an Esquire build

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
I have the GFS Lil Puncher in my Esquire and love it, is that one a dual rail humbucker? If so it's likely quite nice. But I never coil tap these though the instructions are there

RodeoTex

Doctor of Teleocity
Wiring tonight:
I'm going with the SD instructions which is supposed to deliver series/split/parallel with a DPDT on/on/on switch.
Also, instead of a tone knob I'm putting in a midrange control. This is a Torres Engineering thing. Anyone remember them?
I had bought a couple of these midrange kits back in the '80s and remember liking the result better than a normal tone control. Supposedly most of a guitars distortion lies within the middle frequencies, so the distortion can be controlled straight from the guitar.
As I recall there is some true function to this theory.
Later I called to order more but I only got an offer to buy the company. No thanks.
Luckily I found a schematic and finally found my own parts.
I seldom have kept drawings of any of my guitars but I did draw this out.
IMG_20211203_203923736.jpg

It is grounded in all the usual places but I left that off for clarity.
Please excuse the cheesy doodle but I'm sitting here watching the silly movie and having a beverage.
Believe it or not I can actually do a fairly professional looking tech drawing.

crazydave911

Doctor of Teleocity
Wind your own inductor or it came in the kit. There was a humbucker version on my L6 but Bill Lawrence said to use one of his Q cubes (what he developed it for) on my midrange control