Rainy day board project!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Jakedog, May 22, 2020.

1. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

FA82117A-A835-407E-9A81-03E0428A9891.jpeg 5ABBD539-D409-42DB-A6D5-8EA82590B29F.jpeg D3B8FD13-2F62-4CAA-854B-4DAF0B320E47.jpeg

Needed a small board for this little pedal rig I’m using with my Marshall Origin.

Popped out to the garage and found the board (had to cut about two inches off it) the feet, and a partial can of green spray paint. Had the Velcro from another project. Cables in my misc cable tote.

I sprayed the board green, put the little rubber feet on the back edge. On the front edge, I stuck the little rubber skids that came with the TC mini pedals. It sticks to the floor great, doesn’t move at all, and has a slight angle to it. Perfect.

The TU3 I’ve had for years. The others I bought in the last week. Just to have a little fun board. I’ve been needing to put one together. For some reason the Nova System in manual mode, with all of the buttons clearly labeled, so it works just like a regular pedal board...

... has proven far too confusing for 99% of the players that come to the jam nites I host. Even though there are only a few buttons, and they’re all labeled stuff like “drive”, “boost”, “delay”, “tuner”, etc, they all look like deer in the headlights when they plug into it and say it’s too complicated and they don’t know how to use multi-Fx units.

Problem solved!

2. stormsedge

stormsedge Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Very nice!

Jakedog likes this.
  3. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Nice work !

Jakedog likes this.
  4. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Afflicted

Bass guys?

5. Jakedog

I knew I was gonna do this, so I looked at little boards. I could have just bought one of the little pedal train ones. But they aren’t cheap, and that’s all that fits in the case.

I found this case on Sweetwater that fits everything. Power supply, cables, amp power cable, ext speaker cable, the whole nine yards. It was $32. And the board was basically free.

6F860024-F4C9-459C-B6C1-953E81886C18.jpeg EDCAA1D7-97A1-43B6-82FB-0810CEA33B11.jpeg

Brett Valentine and Fretting out like this.
  6. Jakedog

Nah. Bassists and drummers these days are generally far more hip to technology. They use class D amps and own studios and stuff. The guitarists are the luddites.

Fretting out and Bluego1 like this.
  7. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Nice board. I like it!

Jakedog likes this.
  8. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Those Tone Corsets are quiet. All the squeeze and no noise. Mine is as quiet my Keely.

Nice board!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.