Rain water unsafe to drink. Anywhere.

trev333

Telefied
Ad Free Member
whoopie, we're all 'gonna die... at some point...

drink anyone?... I've got plenty, fresh from the sky....my tank runneth over...;)

tank overflows2.jpg

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
you really think it is 99%?
Yeah you're right, I forgot to add the .9

I think 99% aren't even aware of the problem and if told about it, would willfully resist accepting the gravity of it. I'm referring specifically to the PFAS issue, though.

jvin248

Doctor of Teleocity
Once again, beer to the rescue.

Funny but true

Cholera breakouts and study of city infection maps showed highest instances linked to certain community water supplies, of which a nearby brewery workers had no troubles because they drank the beer (that has boiled water in it at the beginning) instead of raw water.

Lowerleftcoast

Poster Extraordinaire
What do you want me to do
To do for you to see you through?
A box of rain will ease the pain
And love will see you through

Just a box of rain
Wind and water
Believe it if you need it
If you don't, just pass it on
Sun and shower, wind and rain
In and out the window like a moth before a flame

And it's just a box of rain
I don't know who put it there
Believe it if you need it
Or leave it if you dare
And it's just a box of rain
Or a ribbon for your hair
Such a long long time to be gone
And a short time to be there

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Yeah you're right, I forgot to add the .9

I think 99% aren't even aware of the problem and if told about it, would willfully resist accepting the gravity of it. I'm referring specifically to the PFAS issue, though.

I know about it... and I know a bunch of people who know about it etc...

Maybe more people care about these things than we know. But, I get your point.

schmee

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Good to see one more person who actually took the time to check the link to see what it was about.

It's not sensationalist reporting, if anything it's understated, and it's not about normal pollution, which is bad enough. It's such a disgrace that in such a short time, there's not a place on the planet that isn't affected by PFAS "forever" chemicals, but 99% of the people do not care one iota.
the reality is those chemicals also are created by the petro industry.... just to add to the list i alreddy did...

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
When the presentation of facts is called a "mentality" there exists a problem with people's ability to be human. We do not agree,

Ice cold and the best tasting water I can ever recall....although there is no way it was "crystal clean". All that rust alone would be considered a major haz-mat contamination in California. Soft water? Never knew what that was, our water was like gravel it was so hard, yet I thought it was delicious and like you mentioned, we never got sick from it.

eclecticsynergy

Friend of Leo's
The media contrives to scare and tittilate. That is their sole purpose because it sells ad space.

The media is not in business to provide a service to keep the public informed; what they do is put money into the pockets of their investors. Period.

Look at all the toenail fungus and hyooj bewbee clickbait on this site and you'll quickly understand.
This is true of the for-profit media, but it doesn't mean the genuine crises in climate and contamination aren't real. And not all media outlets are profit-driven. There is still fact-checked and relatively impartial information to be had from actual journalists.

But in recent decades many have become addicted to the gratification of having their preconceptions fed and their outrage stoked. Objective information fails to satisfy.

"When you want to help people, you tell them the truth; when you want to help yourself, you tell them what they want to hear." - Dr. Thomas Sowell

When the presentation of facts is called a "mentality" there exists a problem with people's ability to be human. We do not agree,
Far too many have been led to consider all science suspect, often for two main reasons that can't be discussed here.

Science - even though it can be manipulated - is at its heart a search for proven fact, and nearly all scientists are in fact pursuing the truth.

It's when we decide we want a truth that's divorced from fact that we get into real trouble.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

~

A study several years ago was seeking a control group uncontaminated by PFOA/PFAS.
They sampled populations in many of the most remote areas of the world.
100% of the blood samples showed contamination. Everyone, everywhere.
There is literally nobody on the planet who doesn't already have this stuff in their blood.

These chemicals don't break down - they'll be around for decades, perhaps centuries, and they'll be far more concentrated in our great-grandchildren than they are in us.

And now the stuff is in the rainwater. Everywhere.
How many more samples do we need before deciding maybe it's time to do something?

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
Ad Free Member
you really think it is 99%?
I mean, it's a symbolic number but I think if you lined up a group of 100 random laypeople and asked, "alright who here feels confident in giving a two minute talk on the history, health effects and global ubiquitousness of PFAS molecules? Just the superficial highlights", you wouldn't see many hands go up. And you'd see a lot of bored fidgeting if you started to explain this stuff to them. And they'd go home and fry some ground meat in their chipped Teflon pan.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Nothing will ever be done about ANYTHING that requires getting the masses to participate. It just isn't going to happen. For every action, there is a reaction. Nowhere is this truer than trying to herd people into HELPING THEMSELVES!

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
You know I said that you can't get a majority of people to do something positive for themselves. I might be more accurate in saying that you'll never get a majority of people to agree to what is good for them, let alone get them to do it!