Rain water unsafe to drink. Anywhere.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
It's a conspiracy to make you buy water. Oh wait...
We have a filter on the refrigerator to clean the water, then my wife puts it in a filter water pitcher, she uses that to make her tea! ALL of our drinking water is in bottles that comes from a store. (They run the water through a horse, and catches it when it comes out in a bucket, then they put it into bottles)

telleutelleme

Telefied
Ad Free Member
In moderation it is OK. If you just walk outside when it is raining turn you head up and proceed to down a couple drops. I mean seriously.

Now if I was under a tree in Australia and it started raining, no way I'm drinking that water. You know it could be running off poisonous spiders or snakes.

craigs63

Tele-Holic
We have a filter on the refrigerator to clean the water, then my wife puts it in a filter water pitcher, she uses that to make her tea! ALL of our drinking water is in bottles that comes from a store. (They run the water through a horse, and catches it when it comes out in a bucket, then they put it into bottles)
Probably supposed to say "through a hose", but I don't really know.

toomuchfun

Tele-Afflicted
On Disney there's a cartoon, Big City Greens. In one of the episodes Tilly makes the statement twice, "You don't drink barrel water". I believe her.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
Municipalities should be filtering tap water at least:

Cleaning human-made poisons out of the water that humans will drink, while leaving the rest of the life on the planet to fend for itself, naturally.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
In moderation it is OK. If you just walk outside when it is raining turn you head up and proceed to down a couple drops. I mean seriously.

Now if I was under a tree in Australia and it started raining, no way I'm drinking that water. You know it could be running off poisonous spiders or snakes.
PFAS in "moderation"? How would you even begin to know how much you're consuming? 🤷🏻

wrathfuldeity

Friend of Leo's
We exist in a ocean of bacteria and viruses...its pretty damm amazing that we even exist...according to the news. How about we stop a moment and think about some of the underlying presumptions. "We all need to be in our own individual filtrated bubble so that the bubble makers make money. Or that the human body is not adaptable, in fact it is a mess and that we have crap for an immunity system...and thus need their "product"...several doses in order to survive so that they can make even more money by selling us more product. And that their filtered water is better than our water that falls from the same sky." Its a wonder that our species even exists...wonder how we have existed for the thousands of years so far. OMG, we'll all going to die! Drink coke or die...or was that Coors Light powered by ??? what was that big atomic research lab right next to Golden Co. It must be all the Coors Light I drank as a kid...ehhh.

loco gringo

Tele-Afflicted
DE_br_HUIAArP8-.jpg

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
We exist in a ocean of bacteria and viruses...its pretty damm amazing that we even exist...according to the news. How about we stop a moment and think about some of the underlying presumptions. "We all need to be in our own individual filtrated bubble so that the bubble makers make money. Or that the human body is not adaptable, in fact it is a mess and that we have crap for an immunity system...and thus need their "product"...several doses in order to survive so that they can make even more money by selling us more product. And that their filtered water is better than our water that falls from the same sky." Its a wonder that our species even exists...wonder how we have existed for the thousands of years so far. OMG, we'll all going to die! Drink coke or die...or was that Coors Light powered by ??? what was that big atomic research lab right next to Golden Co. It must be all the Coors Light I drank as a kid...ehhh.
Yeah except the article is about PFAS molecules, it's got nothing to do with microorganisms.

effzee

Tele-Afflicted
2nd attempt as my first reply had a "language" issue.

This is what irks me:

‘We have made the planet inhospitable to human life by irreversibly contaminating it now so that nothing is clean anymore. And to the point that’s it’s not clean enough to be safe.’

Human life. Yeah. But what about the rest of the life co-inhabiting this planet with us, every animal, insect, plant life that never benefited from a single human development or technology? We have a tremendous debt to pay to all the other life that we've been sacrificing on the altar of our convenience and the pursuit of an easy life. It's our duty to clean up our messes and invest whatever it takes to prevent more damage.

Or is that unreasonable?