Rain water unsafe to drink. Anywhere.

dented

Doctor of Teleocity
I read that earlier today. I would think that it is so miniscule as to not affect one's person in the near immediate future if consuming rain water. But those of us that camp and use outdoor water systems use filtering in the most elementary of systems. Very interesting though on how the population contributes to the failure of natural systems.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
Study "It is hypothesized...." and then they took *four* samples....

THE ENTIRE WORLD BASED ON FOUR SAMPLES

Yes I'm yelling. The scientific method involves DISPROVING your hypothesis by trying everything you can think of. And if everything you throw at it to DISPROVE it fails, then you've proven it.

You don't just take four water samples, from four different media and say IT'S PROVEN

total junk being sold as news. It's the Snooze if you ask me.....

Milspec

Poster Extraordinaire
I grew up drinking water out of a hot garden hose and from a hand pumped well that took 10 pumps to get rid of the orange rusty water first. Before me, people drank from streams.

Now, everyone gets excited over some contaminants in rain water. The world is getting too sensitive to such matters, our enemies could probably wipe out our army with a bag of gluten these days.

RifleSlinger

Tele-Meister
We use rainwater exclusively. Catch it from our roofs and store it in tanks, going on 2 years. It works better than I thought it would.

I saw that article. What passes for news from any outlet seems to be nothing more than incessant fear mongering. I'm just going to keep living my life.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
We use rainwater exclusively. Catch it from our roofs and store it in tanks, going on 2 years. It works better than I thought it would.

I saw that article. What passes for news from any outlet seems to be nothing more than incessant fear mongering. I'm just going to keep living my life.
Gossip, the most traded commodity in the world.

Toto'sDad

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
We collect rainwater in our cistern. While we buy water (stored in gallon jugs) for drinking we cook, bathe, brush our teeth, make ice, etc from the cistern with no real problems

I do need to upgrade our filtration system but I have no fears about our water.
I duuuunnnnooo, if your avatar is a self-portrait, you might wanna get that cistern checked out! ;)

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
I grew up drinking water out of a hot garden hose and from a hand pumped well that took 10 pumps to get rid of the orange rusty water first. Before me, people drank from streams.

Now, everyone gets excited over some contaminants in rain water. The world is getting too sensitive to such matters, our enemies could probably wipe out our army with a bag of gluten these days.
Don't you think the point might be that the quality of rain water isn't the same as it was when we were kids (unless you were a kid last week)?