Rain water unsafe to drink. Anywhere. Part Two.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
I would take anything i read on msn with a grain of salt.
Actually i would take anything i read on the internut with a grain of salt.

But it is probably not safe to drink rain water, or water from a river anyway. You have got water on tap.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
Yesterday I saw a story about how olive oil was bad for you. Geeze, 1000+ years of human history not proof enough? It literally melts the beef fat off the arteries....

I didn't bother to read the story

billy logan

Tele-Afflicted
I'm wondering if well water (from aquifers) would have lower levels of "forever chemicals" than tap water?
Thinking that most tap water is basically surface water?
Do treatment plants remove these chemicals?

And the aquifer water accumulated down there before the chemicals were so prevalent?

This is the hyper-scientific study's PDF. MSN was not involved in the study.
showPdf

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
I'm wondering if well water (from aquifers) would have lower levels of "forever chemicals" than tap water.
Thinking that most tap water is basically surface water.

And the aquifer water accumulated down there before the chemicals were so prevalent?

showPdf

There's always water from icebergs that are thousands of years old.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire

But it is probably not safe to drink rain water, or water from a river anyway. You have got water on tap.

That's ridiculous. If you don't believe anything you read on the internet, it's the same as believing everything you read, because you're just refusing to do basic due dilligence. MSN is just a portal. If you refuse to believe the study, you are attacking the credibility of the scientists who completed it or the organization that paid for it. If you have some dirt on them, please share.

billy logan

Tele-Afflicted
Yes, tow a big ol' iceberg from Greenland down to Houston, Texas, and bottle me up some iceberg water and deliver it to me in idk hydrogen-powered trucks!

Preferably ice water from a lower- and inner- layer of the iceberg :)
In a glass bottle, too. Thanks!

Last edited:

somebodyelseuk

Tele-Holic

I'd take it easy on the salt, mate.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Yes, tow a big ol' iceberg from Greenland down to Houston, Texas and bottle me up some iceberg water and deliver it to me in idk hydrogen-powered trucks!

I'm too lazy to search but I think 90% of the fresh water in the world is frozen. Well, currently frozen.

bottlenecker

Poster Extraordinaire
I'm wondering if well water (from aquifers) would have lower levels of "forever chemicals" than tap water?
Thinking that most tap water is basically surface water?

showPdf

My city's tap water comes from 23 very deep wells. 14 of them are now contaminated with PFAS. Filtering can remove some, but not all. I'm looking into filtering setups in my house, to get a little more out of the water.

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Yes, tow a big ol' iceberg from Greenland down to Houston, Texas and bottle me up some iceberg water and deliver it to me in idk hydrogen-powered trucks!

In Canuckistan, we just reach out the window.

RTX6B22R-1024x742.jpg

memorex

Poster Extraordinaire
The FDA approved the use of fluorination in plastic food containers almost 40 years ago. It produces trace amounts of PFAS in the foods they contain. PFAS are also used as a stain resistant material in paper products like pizza boxes and microwave popcorn bags. If you're over 40, then you've been eating this stuff for almost 40 years. Funny that they just noticed it causes liver cancer and other health problems. I really don't doubt that it does, but then all the water on the planet is contaminated by microplastics.

Last edited:

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
I saw a news release about stuff that goes up eventually comes down too.
So maybe more experiments may be warranted but that is scarey.

RetiredUnit1

Tele-Holic
My sleepy little town of San Fernando has the water rights from "mountain to mountain" granted on the same charter that defines Los Angeles, signed by King Ferdinand.

San Fernando was named after him. ANYWHO, we have delicious well water while the rest of Los Angeles county has water that tastes like it was stored in a metal piss bucket.

We get an annual water report. Guess what's NOT in the water? All that crap. Just normal old delicous water with quite a bit of natural minerals....

I'm gonna go make another cup of coffee now, with TAP water lol....

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
I saw a news release about stuff that goes up eventually comes down too.
So maybe more experiments may be warranted but that is scarey.
Exactly. So it has been years since we are being told not to drink the rainwater.
Speaking about rainwater,

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
That's ridiculous. If you don't believe anything you read on the internet, it's the same as believing everything you read, because you're just refusing to do basic due dilligence. MSN is just a portal. If you refuse to believe the study, you are attacking the credibility of the scientists who completed it or the organization that paid for it. If you have some dirt on them, please share.
I didn't say not to believe everything you read on the internet, i said just be careful with what you read and maybe rationalize it a bit. I don't have any dirt on them, it is just maybe, double check your facts or something.

Nowadays every schmuck with a smartphone can make up anything and post it as the truth.
1660670457862.png

It was true before the internet too.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
There is some evidence that another compound found in virtually everything, BPA, affects fertility. It is far from certain, but scary nonetheless. Being able to reproduce is kinda important.

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
There is some evidence that another compound found in virtually everything, BPA, affects fertility. It is far from certain, but scary nonetheless. Being able to reproduce is kinda important.
Nowadays it is important people stop multiplying...