R U colorblind? Have U tried Enchroma glasses?

ASATKat

Poster Extraordinaire
It would be cool to hear from some colorblind people. And cooler yet if they've tried corrective glasses like Enchroma. What was the experience like?

Crafty Fox

Tele-Afflicted
I used to be an interior designer but I was never tested for colour blindness when I enroled at college!
As I learned later, I have good colour perception.

Cesspit

Tele-Holic
Very few people are truly colour blind but one in ten have a 'red/green defect, as I do. Can vary in severity and as far as I know there is nothing they can do about it.

jackleg

Tele-Meister
there are youtube videos of enchroma gifting. quite impressive..

uriah1

Telefied
Gold Supporter
Don't want to. I know what I know now. If grass or trees appeared green I would freak out.
My wife was going to buy me some. Color blind is all I have known.
I know which light is red by it's placement on traffic signal..
I know not to tell a girl she has beautiful green hair.
etc etc

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
I didn't know they existed. I looked it up.
It looks as if they might work on a similar principle to Irlen lenses.
A lot of the usual debunking guff online too. By "experts" of course.

I'm not colour blind but very dyslexic and was prescribed Irlen lenses in 2015. They're used for dyslexia and have also been found to be helpful for neurodiversity, brain injury, etc.

I've ended up with an orange/rose prescription after being tested at a University Optometry department who are pretty cutting edge with this stuff.
(BTW Johnny Depp wears grey/blue Irlen lenses, it's not just a film star thing with him)

Anyways to return to the topic, I've noticed that when wearing my Irlen glasses that not only is there a change in the text staying still and lines of text merging less, but there is also a heightened perception of colour.
Even though I'm looking at the world through orange/rose tints, all the colours of the spectrum seem to be much easier to distinguish. Almost like the dawn of colour TV in the 1970s.

I definitely see why using Enchroma glasses would work for some people.

jimbo735

Tele-Afflicted
Im kinda at the point that Im so used to being color blind I figured out how to navigate through life,My wife of 42 years thought I was weird when she met me becuse of the way I dressed,she fixed that!I have them,Im in the medium deutan scale for colorblindness,the glasses didnt work for me what did work was the Coccoon over fit sun glasses in amber the green Popped,They might be called rose,try before you spend the bucks I recieved the Enchroma as a gift from my Sister and Mother I wish I could of tried them first.
I would goes as far as contacting Cocoon if you go that route,they used to make specialty lens for peeps like Us!Best of luck!

Festofish

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I used to be an interior designer but I was never tested for colour blindness when I enroled at college!
As I learned later, I have good colour perception.
Same here but I mixed, extruded and molded Plastics. I had several jobs in that field and they always test your color perception.

Im blind in my right eye as the optic nerve never fully developed. Everyday we’re getting closer to repairing that. I know on that day I’ll be hurling for hours but it’ll be worth it.