1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

R.I.P. Andy Griffith

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SpiderWeb, Jul 3, 2012.

1. TeleKato

TeleKato Friend of Leo's

Sheriff Taylor, yes; Matlock, meh. No Time for Sergeants, perfect. But, this catchy little diddy always goes through my mind when I think of Andy ... or Don Knotts.

2. Shidoin

Shidoin Tele-Holic

Andy Griffith was something that has almost disappeared from today's world;
    He was a gentleman. In his movies and TV shows he sought to showcase family, ethical behavior, and above all, love. Not a bad for a country boy.

R.I.P. Andy, you done good.

3. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

I must have heard Andy's theme song about ten times today, never got tired of it. Thanks for the laughs and memories, Andy.

4. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Here is what he said about an illness that plagued him during and after Matlock. "Guillain-Barré has left me with permanent pain in both feet, but like
    an unwelcome guest, it isn't so bad when I stop paying attention to
    it. Challenges and pain will continue all my life, I know, but with
    Cindi at my side to remind me to accept God's grace, I'll go forward
    and continue to work with love and happiness."

I like what he says about pain as an unwelcome guest. Not knowing about this until today, I have also thought of G-B nerve pain as a person. For me, pain is a 3-4 foot tall old, skinny man who grabs onto my legs because he loves me more than anything. I wonder how other people characterize their permanent pain?

5. Wound3rd

Wound3rd Tele-Meister

When I watch the AGS it reminds me so much of my own childhood. My ancestors migrated to the Mt. Airy area long ago and I live down the road a little ways. Proud to call Andy a North Carolinian. He will be missed but remembered with love for years to come.

6. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

Has anyone seen the Brad Paisley video for the song, "Waitin' On A Woman?" Andy makes an appearance as an old man who talks to Brad while he's sitting on a bench waiting on his woman to return from shopping in the mall. In the end, Andy dresses up in a white suit and finds a bench in heaven where he will wait for his woman until she arrives. Very prophetic. I almost broke down the first time I saw that video. When I told Brad about it, he replied, "Good! That's what it was supposed to do."

7. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

8. adifferentbreed

adifferentbreed Tele-Afflicted

The world was a better place in Mayberry.

9. colorado

colorado Tele-Holic

I always feel like the contrarian here. I graduated high school in 1975. I grew up on the Andy Griffith Show and I thought it was a bunch of cornball crap. You might watch it because there was nothing else on and make fun of the lame "jokes".

That was the old fogey whitebread stuff that "rock" was rebelling against. I understand we are now all old and gumming our oatmeal on the porch and reminiscing about the good old days in fictional Mayberry. But come on.

You know, Perry Como actually had a really nice voice, why I remember when he go on the Hollywood Palace...or remember his Christmas specials with that nice little Donny Osmond? Those sure were heartwarming.

I think I need to go listen to some Iggy Pop.

10. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Hey, Tim, good to see you on the forum! Sad news about Andy Griffith, but glad you're on the mend.

11. Warm Gums

Warm Gums Friend of Leo's

Different people experience things in different ways. I have a wide variety of friends and try to keep a open mind about others cultures, interests and beliefs. I learned the importance of that from the show. It was a huge deal for me to have a stable " family" with solid adult role models when mine was more than a bit dysfunctional.
    I'm sorry the show did not speak to you, but it's unkind to belittle something that has had a positive impact on so many especially at a time of loss.

" What's small potatoes to some folks can be *mighty* important to others. "
    Sheriff Andy Taylor...

12. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

I have an 11 year old stepson that until this morning had never watched the Andy Griffith Show. I came home from work this morning and he was up having breakfast this was about 7 am Central time and I turned on Net Flix and noticed they had 100 episodes available for streaming (this would be about an hour before he passed). So I started to watch before I went to bed. My step son came over to look at what I was watching. He became interested and sat down next to me. We watch the first 6 episodes then it was time for me to get some sleep. Its really hot up here today so he decided to stay in to watch a few more episodes. Nice to know that 50 years after an actor's work it can still be appreciated by new viewers and it can transcend its time. Well done Andy and thank you.

13. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

He was pretty popular over here too in the 60's when I was growing up. Yep, country town cops were like him too. A good role model of a man. May he RIP.

14. Mark Davis

Mark Davis Telefied Ad Free Member

One of the best of all time.

First saw him in a movie callled No Time for Sargents 1958.

A great nice man.

15. hekawi

hekawi Poster Extraordinaire

[​IMG]

16. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

...and most especially in a "Rest in Peace" thread, ffs.

17. TeleDrifter

TeleDrifter Tele-Afflicted

I've got a "Stencil Guitar" just like the one Andy played in "A Face in the Crowd".

RIP Andy

18. flag72

flag72 Tele-Afflicted

the only thing I can add is what a great lost
    RIP: A.G.:(

19. cowboytwang

cowboytwang Poster Extraordinaire

What the heck is going on in Mayberry??
    This is four cast members gone in the past three months.
    First was George "Goober Pyle" Lindsey, then Doug "Darlin" Dillard, then Eric White Jr(Clarence White's brother), and now Andy.......

20. cbnutt

cbnutt Tele-Afflicted

RIP Andy , has anyone heard why the family burried him about 4 hours after he passed ? kind of odd, but there wishes i guess.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.