R.I.P. Alex Trebek

tubegeek

Friend of Leo's
Sad to see him go. I watch the show every night. On Friday, the current champion related a story that when he came to America as a child (from India) that he didn't speak English, and his grandfather sat him on his lap and made him watch Jeopoardy, so he credited Alex Trebek with teaching him how to speak English. It was a touching story.

That was a heck of a moment. It was a wonderful thing that Trebek got to hear it and that he got to say it.

tomkatf

Tele-Afflicted
Platinum Supporter
Prefacing tonight’s episode the show’s producer announced Mr. Trebek’s passing, said they would air the last 35 episodes as wished by Mr. Trebek and said he recorded the last episode two weeks ago. :cry:

dickey

Friend of Leo's
My ex & I still get together a few times a week to play Jeopardy along with the TV. We are both saddened to hear of his passing. One of the very few celebrities I actually liked.
They did a nice tribute to him on Jeopardy tonight.

Califiddler

Friend of Leo's
2 pages in and no mention of his classic guest starring role on "The X-Files"?

I watch Jeopardy every night when I can, going back to the Art Fleming days.

This one hurts. I passed the Jeopardy in-person audition twice and they never called me to be on the show. Lucky for me, since the second time I would likely have run into Ken Jennings.

That is amazing. I have taken the annual online test I think 3 times, plus the Anytime online test once. One of those tests I thought I did really well, the others really lousy. The online tests are so much harder than the show!

I have never been contacted for the in-person audition.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity
EmUX9IMW8AEBpx_

Meso!