R.I.P. Alan White of Yes

Dan R

Poster Extraordinaire
I don't mean to quibble, but Bruford was on Close to the Edge. He left after it was recorded. Alan White played the tour.

I remember seeing the concert film Yessongs in the theater as a teen. I really enjoyed that.

IMMusicRulz

Tele-Meister
Alan White was such a great drummer. It might be impossible for Bill Bruford to come back to Yes, since he has been retired for years now. But Alan will always be a great drummer. I hope he and Chris Squire are playing together in rock heaven.

studio

Poster Extraordinaire
To be in the same group for 50 years just shows us how comfortable he was with playing some of the most sophisticated rock music around.

Big fan of that Squire/White team. I first saw Yes in 1975 at The Hollywood Bowl.

Thanks Alan, for all the great music!

Believer

Tele-Meister
I don't mean to quibble, but Bruford was on Close to the Edge. He left after it was recorded. Alan White played the tour.

I remember seeing the concert film Yessongs in the theater as a teen. I really enjoyed that.
The Close to the Edge tour was the first time I saw Yes (Junior year in High School). Alan White was indeed the drummer. It was a magical experience in Memphis, Tennessee. Thanks for the clarification.

Jim_in_PA

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
I was very sad when I learned about Alan's passing. I knew he was ill because "Yes Official" posted about a week ago that he would not be joining a coming tour and Jay S. would be handling drums. I guess Alan was more ill that many folks realized. I was a "Yes Head" from the time I was a young teenager, so when folks like Chris and now Alan have passed on, it sucks a little more for sure.

WelhavenTW

TDPRI Member
Yes is one of my favourite bands, so it’s sad to hear.

I’ve been listening a lot to Keystudio lately. Great album, sadly they made the mistake to put the songs as bonus material on Keys to Ascension 1 and 2.

«Wakeman himself worried the studio tracks would get lost among the live music if they were marketed together. Commenting with hindsight in 2003, guitarist Steve Howe felt this is exactly what happened with the studio music of both KTA albums.

Keystudio was released 21 May 2001. It achieved no chart status in any nation, and as a compilation of past material, garnered little attention in the way of reviews».