R.I.P. Alan White of Yes

micpoc

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
From Yes's official Facebook page...

"It is with deep sadness that YES announce Alan White, their much-loved drummer and friend of 50 years, has passed away, aged 72, after a short illness. The news has shocked and stunned the entire YES family. Alan had been looking forward to the forthcoming UK Tour, to celebrating his 50th Anniversary with YES and their iconic Close To The Edge album, where Alan’s journey with YES began in July 1972. He recently celebrated the 40th Anniversary of his marriage to his loving wife Gigi. Alan passed away, peacefully at home."

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 13.30.59.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 13.30.59.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 114

Jerry_Mountains

Tele-Holic
RIP Mr. Alan White.

I saw Yes in their last concert with Jon Anderson in 2004 and it was amazing I was a 17 year old boy eager to see their opening act, Dream Theater but YES captivate me ever since.

Brilliant with Lennon and Harrison too, he was a very precise drummer.

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
From Yes's official Facebook page...

"It is with deep sadness that YES announce Alan White, their much-loved drummer and friend of 50 years, has passed away, aged 72, after a short illness. The news has shocked and stunned the entire YES family. Alan had been looking forward to the forthcoming UK Tour, to celebrating his 50th Anniversary with YES and their iconic Close To The Edge album, where Alan’s journey with YES began in July 1972. He recently celebrated the 40th Anniversary of his marriage to his loving wife Gigi. Alan passed away, peacefully at home."
I had heard he was in poor health, but still this caught me off guard.
Maybe Bill Bruford would come back for the upcoming tour?
R.I.P Alan......

Believer

Tele-Meister
Alan White followed a tough act with Bill Bruford's departure from Yes, but he did so with class. His style was very different from Bruford's, but he was able to blend with the rest of the band and pick up the earlier classics. His work on "Close to the Edge", and the following albums was excellent.

Old Plank

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Thank you Alan for all the great music I've loved for a long time, RIP good man. I saw the Going for the One tour; and then many, many years later somewhere around the Heaven and Earth release, on which they played all of The Yes Album and Close to the Edge.