Quintessential sound of a fender telecaster

ImGoodThanks

TDPRI Member
The sound of the Telecaster in any of the tunes by John Fogerty from the "Blue Moom Swamp" album is the quintessential sound of a fender telecaster for me.

An example is "Southern Streamline" from the album.

I'm guessing it's played using the bridge pickup and some effects.

Would anyone like to guess what kind of Tele and effects is used in this song and others from the "Blue Moom Swamp" album?

archetype

Fiend of Leo's
First, IMO it's a fabulous album. Second, I've puzzled over the tone recipe for quite a while. I've settled on Tele, bridge pickup, straight into the board channel with gain at the channel.

It's a clean that gives you the sound of the string, the pick, and the soul of the Tele.

Brent Hutto

Tele-Holic
I guess that'll pass for "quintessential" in the sense that it sounds to me like an extremely typical example of a Telecaster sound as befits that sort of country-inflected, bluesy pop music. It's well played and well recorded, sounds like a Telecaster.

VintageSG

Poster Extraordinaire
For me, it's Steve Cropper/Wilko/Mick Green as the holy trinity of what a Tele can/should sound like.
Albert Lee with Emmylou has a gorgeous tone too, but it isn't definitive.

Chipss36

Tele-Holic
That is a great tone, one we all know and love with a good the tele.
but it is just one of them, a zeppelin tone another……still very tele, with the clarity only a tele has, but so very different.
or a stones tone……and on and on….

SomeAverageGuy

TDPRI Member
I don't know if there's ONE "quintessential" Tele sound; when I think Tele I think of Danny Gatton, Brent Mason, Roy Buchanan, Zeppelin I, and/or Keef.