Quilter superblock UK, First look!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by gitold, Jun 8, 2021 at 9:00 PM.

1. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

Didn’t need another amp but this little guy really intrigued me. Just came in today so this is a first look but so far pretty good. As you can see it’s pedal board tiny which is exactly why I wanted it. I did a side by side with my 25 watt Mesa Transatlantic and it’s just as loud. Sounds pretty darn good. The 1979 JMP sounds great and clean up nicely with your guitar volume. The AC norm sounds very Voxy as expected. The AC Top is a big disappointment as it’s just a tad brighter, doesn’t break up any faster, and doesn’t have any sort of boost compared to the AC norm channel. The limiter is quiet and does it’s job well. It could be a always on at half way up effect. The reverb is ok but has digital artifacts when you crank it. I made up a little rough draft pedal board and it turns out my Pedal Train jr fits right on top of my Blackstar cab with a 10” Canabis Rex in it. I’ll play it for a few days before I Velcro everything. I have 40 some days to decide if I keep it but so far so good. F6E4263A-8665-459A-8392-593961858C1C.jpeg

Axis29 likes this.
  2. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Afflicted

3. gitold

gitold Poster Extraordinaire

It’s as loud as my Mesa TA 15 which is a 25 watt tube amp. I’ll need to play with a drummer before I know how loud it is in real time but I’m sure the neighbors heard me today. It has a jack for a 9 volt power supply that turns it into a bedroom friendly one watt amp that sound pretty good too.

Axis29 and PhredE like this.
  4. PhredE

PhredE Tele-Afflicted

OK, thanks. I found that the 10" C-Rex is 99db but the 12" is up near 102db. So, I'd imagine with a full 12" C-Rex (or similar speaker) you'd probably be a-ok for gig-worthy volume.

Cool unit! And only $250 and fits on a pedal board.. fun stuff!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.