Quilter Aviator?

pippoman

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
I have a bud with a Mach II and a new Aviator that has both the American and Brit voiced sides.
The biggest challenge was adjusting his playing to the response of the larger open-back cab with a 12” (I think) speaker.
Both amps sound really good. Both can take pedals. I can’t imagine that most audience members would notice or hear anything “not right” with the voice of these amps.
At bedroom levels, they sound and feel similar to their cranked voice. Obviously, cab and speaker come into play at gig volumes, but I ain’t heard nothin’ I don’t like.
I found out recently that on the MicroPro Mach ll the Full Q voice setting IS the same as the original Aviator. I used that setting at rehearsal last week and the guys complimented my tone. I’ve been using it in that band for four years although I sometimes gig with my pro block 200 which I’ve had for about six years, but AWAYS rehearse with the Mach ll because it lives at the studio. I didn’t tell them what I did even after rehearsal. There’s not much to dislike about either one.

Sea Devil

Friend of Leo's
I didn't make the cabinet, but I finished it and applied the wicker and the MG Mini logo. It's pretty well banged-up at this point, but I like the look.

Last edited: