Quilter Aviator Cub UK

archtop_fjk

Tele-Holic
So I'm NOT in the market for a new amp. My Roland Blues Cube Artist continues to serve me well. But... I just saw this! And it's only 21.5 lbs! :) Hmmmm...

Quilter's Aviator Cub Takes Flight​

One of Quilter’s most renowned amplifiers takes off across the Atlantic with the Aviator Cub UK! This solid-state stunner boats three distinct tonal inputs that authentically replicate Britain’s most beloved amps: an “AC” channel, “AC Top Boost” channel, and a "JMP" channel. These three voices run through a Custom Quilter Special Design 12 speaker to deliver all the chime and crunch that you’d expect of a great British amp: when testing it out at Sweetwater, we found that it closely resembles the legendary tone of Eminence’s vintage Greenback. Like most of Quilter’s catalog, the Aviator Cub UK is a supremely portable amplifier with a weight that belies its stout British power — combined with the line/headphone outs and built-in reverb, the Aviator Cub UK is an amp that excels just as well on stage as it does in the home studio!

1650412263535.png

kookaburra

Friend of Leo's
In one way, I'm interested, but I do have the Superblock 25 UK. I also like the small footprint the 25 head has, not that the 1x12 combo is a beast.

I think the Superblocks 25 watts will be enough, and if it isn't, I's be inclined to go for the Mach 3 head for a bit more cash. I already have a couple light weight 1x12 cabs to use. I also like the heads portability if a backline of speaker cabs is provided...which, I must admit, is almost never for the gigs I play.

Still, the UK Cub is an attractive amp!

archtop_fjk

Tele-Holic
As a grab-and-go amp it seems ideal. However, I’d want to play one in person as the tone is often a bit different that what you hear on YouTube reviews. :twisted:

BigDaddyLH

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
In one way, I'm interested, but I do have the Superblock 25 UK. I also like the small footprint the 25 head has, not that the 1x12 combo is a beast.

I think the Superblocks 25 watts will be enough, and if it isn't, I's be inclined to go for the Mach 3 head for a bit more cash. I already have a couple light weight 1x12 cabs to use. I also like the heads portability if a backline of speaker cabs is provided...which, I must admit, is almost never for the gigs I play.

Still, the UK Cub is an attractive amp!

We should also mention there is a 200W Mach 3 combo with the same weight as the CUBs: https://www.quilterlabs.com/index.php/product/mach-3-combo/