1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Quick Help -- Videos (youtube. Etc) In Your Post

Discussion in 'Forum Help Threads' started by TDPRI, Mar 6, 2016.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    It's simple to include a Video in your post. Simply copy and paste the Video URL into your post where you want the video to appear. We now accept videos from many sources - but you cannot upload a video from your phone or computer.

Here's what a video URL should look like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDfGRZkGfMM

And here's what it looks like when you past that URL in your post:

PS. The guy got ripped off in this Pawn Stars clip above!

2. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Why do I keep getting a blank (white) box with an exclamation mark instead of the video or photo?

3. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    I looked at 4 or 5 of your posts searching in vein for an example and could not find it. Could you provide me with an example of what you are doing? Post a link to the post. In the post where you've done this and had that problem you'll find a number in the upper right hand corner of the post. Right click on the number (it's a link) the copy the link location and paste that into your help request.

4. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Actually it was trying to view your post and others- now I see your post so maybe it was my viewer.

5. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    The new software uses HTML5 instead of flash to display YouTube and for about a dozen other tasks like photo uploads, etc.

If you're using an old browser then yes, it may not be compatible with HTML5. I'd urge you to update your browser.

People are dumping flash because of the security risks it brings. HTML5 is the replacement. Without it you may find problems all over the internet.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.