Quick Help - PMs / Conversations

Discussion in 'Forum Help Threads' started by TDPRI, Mar 4, 2016.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Private Messages (PMs) from the old software are now called Conversations. There are no limits to how many you can have.

You can invite up to 5 people into one conversation.

Think of Conversations as a private thread between you and other members - not like emailed messages.

You can start a conversation by clicking on the Avatar or Username of a member. A box called the Member Card will pop up and you'll see "Start a Conversation" right there.

[​IMG]

OR you can hover your mouse over your username in the top right hand corner of the header and a Drop Down Menu will appear with TONS of options. One of them is "Conversations."

[​IMG]

2. bparnell57

bparnell57 Poster Extraordinaire

Now I understand we can have unlimited conversations, but does this also mean we have unlimited messages? Do they get deleted after time?

3. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    At this time we have no plans to limit the number of conversations that are part of your account here. However, I should say that we have found in the past that we can never say never. And until unlimited conversations turns out to cause some unforeseen problem the best I can say is - at this time - we have no plans to limit - the number of conversations.

4. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

From ther second pic above, how do you delete unwanted conversations? I don't see delete as an option in the pop up.

5. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    There are no provisions to delete conversations.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.