Quick Help - New Posts, Recent Posts, First Post, ETC

Discussion in 'Forum Help Threads' started by TDPRI, Mar 4, 2016.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    You'll see "New Posts" on the upper menubar. That works like you'd expect, its posts you have not seen. But keep in mind that doesn't include your very own posts - because you've seen those right?

Click on "Recent Posts" in the black Sub Menubar and you'll see all recent posts even your own.

Clicking the thread tite of a multi-post thread will take you to the most recent post in the thread; but clicking the date/time under the thread title takes you to the first post in the thread.

On the Home Page you see a listing of all the Current Threads. If you click on the Thread Title you'll be taken to the first post in the thread. If you click on the small black DOT to the left of the thread title or to the date and time of the most recent reply in the far right corner you'll be taken to the last post in a thread. See image below:

[​IMG]
    Home Page Navigation

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  2. PBO Blues

PBO Blues Tele-Holic

Thanks for the tutorial. Now, is there a way to see New Threads? As active as this forum is (and congrats on that, by the way), looking at New Posts is still a load to wade through. It would be nice to see all/any new threads that have started since my last visit, not all the same threads I've already passed on or, if interested, added to my watch list.

Thanks again!

Mike

3. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    No, there's no way to look for New Threads. And, there wasn't any handy way to do that on the old software either.

4. PBO Blues

PBO Blues Tele-Holic

Oh well, I was hoping... I appreciate the quick comeback!

5. surfoverb

surfoverb Doctor of Teleocity

thats confoundedly confusing...Ill just stick with new posts, then recent posts, and finally today's posts.
    why not a yesterday's posts? or tomorrows posts?
    or how about a dedicated apothecary thread?
    Keep it simple , stupid.

altough I l do like that we have a dedicated pickup forum, save for Duncan none have this option.
    TGP for example has Strings Things, Effects and other Minutiae which is rather
    intimidating IMO. Too much pressure....

To be clear this is not a criticism but more a light hearted kevetching,
    on whole this forum is set up quite adequately

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  6. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Since the upgrade, whenever I go to "new posts" it's always 25 pages with 498 total posts. Seems odd it would always be the same number. Is it something I am doing, or not doing? Before when I clicked on "new posts" it would vary from none at all to a whole bunch depending on what I looked at in my last visit or how long ago that visit was.

7. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    We have always limited "new posts" to ~500 posts. We receive 2,000+ new posts a day. There's no way to read them all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.