Quick Help - Insert Images In Posts

TDPRI

Retired
"Upload a file" is really not the best way to attach anything but a PDF or similar "file" - not an image - to your posts.

By the way, using a mobile phone browser to attach a file from the phone's Gallery or Camera is going to result in the "upload a file" kind of image display. There's no way around that because there is no desktop to drag and drop from.

robert donithan2

Tele-Holic
You have a number of choices for inserting images. READ ALL OF THIS TO FIND THE BEST METHOD.

1. To insert an image from your computer/device you can click the "Upload a File" button and select a file on your computer.

View attachment 344686

2. If the image is in your Media Gallery click the "Camera" icon on the Style Bar and your photos from your gallery will appear.

View attachment 344688

2. The easiest and best way is to drag and drop an image from from your computer desktop or hard disk into a post. You'll be asked if you want a thumbnail or full sized image. I think you'll find the thumbnail works perfectly.

View attachment 344687

To embed an image from some other website just click the mountain/sun icon on the style bar and then cut and paste the IMAGE URL (not a page url) into the box that appears.

View attachment 344689
I tried posting an image from my android phone gallery several times and failed..hit "upload a file' and went to gallery, selected photo and no go..( this was after posting, using "edit")

TDPRI

Retired
How would you upload a photo on you android phone gallery without using upload a file?

As I said, that's the only way to do it on a mobile phone browser.

dkmw

Poster Extraordinaire
I've been on a few internet forums, and I'm also somewhat of a tech luddite.

Off a laptop, this place is by far the easiest site I've ever put up an image. I checked the help thread first and couldn't believe how easy it was to drag and drop when I tried it.

But now that I've said that, I'll probably curse myself and do something stupid next time I post a photo............