1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Quick Help - Brand New Classifieds

Discussion in 'Forum Help Threads' started by TDPRI, Mar 6, 2016.

1. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    With this software change we've dropped our old Classifieds and have installed a brand new Classified System.

Screen Shot 2016-03-06 at 3.20.23 PM.png

But I have to warn you - this system is not only new to us, but it's new to anyone. There will be lots of teething pains and problems no doubt. AND, lots of updates to fix bugs. But we're hoping that it's a much better choice than our old Classifieds system.

2. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

I've just looked at the one ad but it does appear less 'clunky' than the old system.

Perhaps the ads that were posted to the old system have yet to be transferred over?

3. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    They are not being converted - there was no way to make that work. We're starting new, from scratch.

4. BlueCajun

BlueCajun Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Here's a question:
    When you mark an item as sold, it now requires you to type in the name of a forum member to whom you presumably sold the item. What do you do if you sold it on another forum?

I tried typing something like, "Sold on another forum," in the blank. But the software returned an error. I also tried putting myself down in the blank, but the software returned an error for that as well saying, "You cannot mark yourself as the other party you did business with."

5. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Yes, I'm aware of this. Don't mark it sold just delete the ad.

We're still working on the various issues within the program.

BlueCajun likes this.
  6. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Having trouble adding pictures to the classifieds using the downloader at the bottom , it just seems to run and run and never upload the picture.
    I just posted Photobucket links which work but there is no picture in the classified icon.

7. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    There could be a number of reason's you are having trouble. Are you trying to post photos from your computer via the upload button... or from photobucket?

Since I can't see what you are doing - I can't really tell you what you need to do to correct your problem unless you give me agonizing detail about what you're doing and complete details about the images you're trying to upload.

8. Rockhead

Rockhead Tele-Meister

I just put an add in the classifieds and put in $75.00 for the amount but in the post it says Price: Best Offer????

9. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Just click Edit and change the price from $0 to $75 and then save the edit.

10. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    I just looked and it seems you've already made this edit.

11. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I was trying to upload pics from my computer, I just posted a couple more ads, on one of them I was able to add 2 pictures but the 3rd one wouldn't load, so I just used a PB link.
    With the other ad I had the same issue, tried to upload pics from my computer and they wouldn't load the uploader just ran and ran but wouldn't upload the picture, so again I just added PB links.

Is there a size limit for the pictures? It's not a huge deal, just weird that sometimes it works and other times not.
    Thanks

12. TDPRI

TDPRI Retired

Admin Post
    Yes, there is a size limit (and we've always had this) because we limit uploads to prevent hackers from uploading malware to our server. It's not the Classifieds limit - it's a server limit.

I'm going by memory here, but I think the limit is 2 megabytes. Which is about 20 times more than you need for a photo to be large and high res in any forum post or Classifieds.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.