Quick help - 1st Tele - MIJ JD2014

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by zee12, Jun 18, 2019.

1. zee12

zee12 TDPRI Member

Hi All,

Have a lead on a Telecaster - Made In Japan. Serial is JD14xxxxxxx From serial number lookups says it is 2014.

CAR, maple neck.

Plays well, sounds good to me (I am a bass player who happens to love Tele's.)

Are these considered good instruments? The price seems reasonable to me - 600 US.

Any further info/bugaboo's I need to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Allan

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    spdruce likes this.
  2. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

I can’t answer any of your questions, because I’ve never owned one. But I’m sure I speak for more than myself when I say we’d love to see pictures.

StrangerNY likes this.
  3. MrHamburger

MrHamburger Tele-Holic

$600 sounds fair especially if it comes with a hard case. I would would probably offer $550 but I like horse trading.
    I love the Japanese guitars because of the necks, vintage frets and 7.25 radius.
    The Fender Classic series are similar but have a fatter neck. They are also similarly priced in the used range. However the classic series have better pickups. I would still upgrade them to something nicer. I think the body wood is higher quality as well.
    That being said, I would have a hard time choosing between the two. I think the Japanese Fenders have the best neck feel of any sub $1000 Fender but neck feel is very personal. It’s all about what is most comfortable to you.
    The Fender 50s Baja is also in that price range and crushes the other two as far as pickups are concerned. Of the three I I think the Baja is the better value. The stock pickups are excellent. The Baja has an even beefier neck which is a bit much for me but many people love it for that reason. You, being a bass player, may find it comfortable.
    At $600, I wouldn’t say thats a good enough deal to not check out some other models.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.