Quick..Favorite Twilight Zone Episode!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Andy Summers, May 2, 2012.

1. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

I think mine is "Person or Persons Unknown," the one where the guy wakes up to find nobody in his life knows him. "The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street," the thinly veiled condemnation of the Red Scare, is also great. (It's probably better in almost every way, actually, but "Person or Persons Unknown" plays to my love of stories where somebody's reality is turned inside out.)

2. Tred

Tred Tele-Afflicted

"Will The Real Martian Please Stand Up", is my wife's favorite. And the "Unusual Camera" is another one she likes.

As for me, I just like them all. So, I bought the "The Twilight Zone - The Complete Definitive Collection". (Thank you Ebay!)

"And When The Sky Was Opened" was a really good one. "A Passage For Trumpet" is probably my favorite.

3. mr natural

mr natural Friend of Leo's

So many good ones already mentioned. The Howling Man is probably my favorite. I also love the one with Agnes Moorhead (I think) as a woman who lives alone in a little cabin and one night a small flying saucer crashes into her attic...

Shatner on an airplane is also a big fave.
    -Mr. N.

4. Dillon

Dillon Tele-Meister

Billy Mumy, Burgess Meredith, William Shatner, and Jack Klugman are in a number of classic episodes. I'll go with "The Fever." Should be a marathon weekend up at the end of the month if they stick to script.

5. Tred

Tred Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, that one was pretty good, too!

6. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Impossible to pick one....so many cool ones....I like the idea and message behind "Kick the Can."

Twilight Zone has to be one of the top 5 best TV shows of all time, if not the best.

7. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

William Bentyne, a man starting a new populace on a planet due to adverse situation on Earth. They were sent there by our own government on a space craft to protect and propel our species. There is a new colony of earthlings under Bentynes supervision on the planet surviving. But a recovery space ship comes from Earth to take everyone back and has proclaimed that things are okay and life is grand back on the mother planet. But Bentyne refuses to leave proclaiming the success of the colony. Everyone else loads the ship and it blasts off for Earth. Leaving Bentyne to cry in agony as he watches the ship leave and not come back for him as he is alone. Speak up, don't be a Bentyne.

8. John-By-The-Sea

John-By-The-Sea TDPRI Member

There's one I have never seen since the original airing in '62 or '63: The navy has located a sub that had sunk during the WW ll and they hear tapping inside. On board the ship is a former crew member from the sub, who for some reason was not on the sub when it went down. Throughout the episode he has ghostly visions of the crew motioning to him, coaxing him to return to the sub. At the end he jumps overboard, attempts to return, and drowns or is lost. Meanwhile, the tapping stops as they finally enter the sub. In the area where they'd heard the tapping, they find a skeleton with a hammer in its hand.
    I was six or seven at the time, and I can still visualize the ghostly crew members beckoning.
    Around the time the episode aired (I think just after it aired) an American Nuclear sub, the USS Thresher, went down with all hands.
    I think I've seen every episode a dozen times, but I've never seen this on a second time.Has anyone else seen it?

9. Andy Summers

Andy Summers Friend of Leo's

Yes!! Great episode..they do play it during tihe marathons..you probably dont see it much because its one of the few hour long episodes. They tried the hour long format for one season..I read Serling wasnt a fan of the show being that long.

10. 51Nocast

51Nocast Tele-Meister

So many well written shows. There was one I saw at a very young age. There was a guy who had some kind of surgery on his face. The whole show his head was wrapped in a gauze bandage. They were hoping the surgery was going to be a success. They had to remove the wrap a little at a time and the suspense built with the dialog. This goes on for the whole show. When they finally get the last wrap off the Drs. and nurses are aghast. The operation didn't work. They are horrified by his appearance. When they show the guy he is a normal human face, then they pan to the Drs. and nurses and they all look like alien creatures.

I remember bolting out of the room when the last wrap came off and the reaction from the Drs. and nurses was so horrified. I never even saw what happened until I saw the show at a later date. I flew out of the room freaked. Lol.

11. Andy Summers

Another great one..hell..theyre all geat ones..It was a woman in the bandages though ;)
    Yes..I do watch too much TV.

12. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

"The Gift" (A Cure For Cancer)

Alien comes down, Mexican village, befriends kid, mob chases him down w/ torches, and shoots him.

What was his world bringing as a gift to ours ?

That's right - a cure for cancer.

Too bad the mob burned it up - all except for the title...

13. doc w

doc w Tele-Afflicted

My wife bought me the entire series on DVD and I am LOVIN' IT. My favourite so far is "Walking Distance" where Gig Young visits the town where he grew up and finds it like it was when he was a kid. He meets himself as a young boy.

14. Daddy Hojo

Daddy Hojo Friend of Leo's

"What you Need" -where the guy gives people things they'll need in the future. He gives a guy some scissors and he gets his tie caught in the elevator... SNIP! Life saved. The pattern continues until it gets a little grisly.

15. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

LOL! When I was reading the Outer Limits thread, I was wishing it was Twilight Zone so that I could specify this very episode!

:D

16. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

+1. "That snow will ruin the crops, Anthony. But it's good that you're making it snow, Anthony. Real good."

17. hymiepab

hymiepab Tele-Meister

I like 'em all!
    Has anyone mentioned the one with the hitchhiker?
    "Going my way?"

18. elicross

elicross Poster Extraordinaire

That actually sounds like "Eye of the Beholder," and, yeah, as Andy says, it was a woman under the bandages.

There was an Outer Limits episode that featured a man being dramatically transformed by plastic surgery, though. It had Robert Culp being made to look like an extraterrestrial in a plot to end the Cold War by making everyone think Earth was about to be invaded by aliens. Great one!

19. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

"There's a man out there"......"a man"........"out there"......"who's not using priceline"......."Kaaaaaaaaaahhnnnnn"....."Kaaahn!".

:cool:

This one was great. My favorite.

They spared no expense on the gremiln costume I tell ya'.

20. Andy Summers

This one scared the he11 out of me when I was akid!!

And dont forget...My name is Talky Tina, and Im going to kill you.

How dare she talk to Kojak like that.

Trivia..The voice of Talky Tina was the same woman that voiced Rocky, in the Bullwinkle cartoons.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.