1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Questions regarding a particular speaker cabinet

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Mowgli, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Mowgli

Mowgli TDPRI Member

I heard about a Standel speaker cabinet for sale a few towns over (haven't laid eyes on it yet). From the description it is likely an Imperial IV. I am assuming it doesn't have rear access (???).

How is the grille fastened to the cabinet and is there a way to positively confirm that the speaker is a JBL D130 without unfastening the speaker and examining it's back side?

Any additional information including a reasonable price for it would be helpful, too.

Thanks.

2. puddin

puddin Tele-Afflicted

is this the cabinet..looks like top and bottom screws. if so remove screws from speaker and see. I don't like front load..just a pain.

:lol:

gn78bkdmpuupuxmj1jw8.jpg

3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Duplicated....

4. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

5. Mowgli

Mowgli TDPRI Member

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!

Is that a tilted baffle? The bottom appears slightly deeper than the top on those images.

Any idea what a reasonable price would be for this cab with the JBL D130? I'm not sure I know how much value to assign to that head versus the cab in that Reverb ad.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.