1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Question for those classic rock fans who were around during the late 70s

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by klasher, Aug 27, 2020.

1. DNestler

DNestler Tele-Meister

Count me in as a JW fan. Funk 49 is one of my favorites. LBG is fun; JW has done more inspiring work.
    JW gave Jimmy Page his first Les Paul. If that doesn't count for something, then you and I have a serious difference of opinion. ;)

I love Steve Martin and John Cristgau on this clip...

Daniel

2. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Holic

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    Absolutely...he seems to handle the majority of the guitar "chores" ....hope he's paid accordingly, which might be doubtful

Cali Dude likes this.
  3. big jimmy

big jimmy Tele-Afflicted

I didn't read all the posts but here's my 2 cents. I saw the on the long run tour with J/W. The first half of the show was Eagles tunes and the crowd was board and yelling for joe. Now this was in the New Orleans super dome and not really conducive to an eagles show. But if it weren't for J/W I was about ready to leave. At that time it was really Joe's band, playing eagles cover tunes.

4. Collin D Plonker

Collin D Plonker Tele-Afflicted

I may have the answer to the original question. This popped up in my feed today. Joe Vitale, the drummer who helped Joe write "Life's Been Good," says Joe Walsh was working on the song for Hotel California but it wasn't ready. So he put it in his solo album because he didn't want to wait for the next Eagles album. He was a fidget-ass. He did the album then a tour, then back to the Eagles. By the time the song was finished, Vitale says Glenn Frey really liked it. All the Eagles must have loved the album because they all (most?) worked on it. Check out the story for yourself:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/new...otel_california_album_songwriting_credit.html

Cali Dude likes this.
  5. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

I saw Joe Walsh as part of Ringo Starr's All-Starr Band in 1992. The lineup was Burton Cummings, Todd Rundgren, Nils Lofgren, Timothy B. Schmitt, Dave Edmunds, and Joe Walsh, backed by Timmy Capello, Zak Starkey, and of course Ringo Starr. Each of the featured performers got to front the band for two songs (Cummings got three). Joe Walsh's two songs were "In The City" and "Rocky Mountain Way".

As I recall, Walsh and Starr are brothers-in-law.

6. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

All salient points - well said.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.