Question for Coca Cola afficianados

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DougM, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Holic

The artificial sweeteners freak me out. Aspartame makes you hungry, that's why you don't see thin people drinking it nearly as much. Drink a coke once in a while, but the "experts" are saying the diets are worse than the regular. Who knows. Now grape jelly causes cancer....

2. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

I don't know, Coke lost me when they took the cocaine out 100 years ago.... :lol:

I drink Coke with Rum or Bourbon. That's about it, although occasionally I will drink Coke on ice. Never liked anything but regular Coke. I thought I read Coke went to cane sugar? I guess I'm wrong.

3. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

Ya'll know that your body converts all food to sugar right?

4. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

One issue is the amount of sodium in Diet Coke. Way more than regular Coke. So in the end the Diet Coke users buy way more and offsets any advantage they hoped to have by drinking it.

5. Texicaster

Texicaster Tele-Holic

Oh I've not seen that one!

I know Pepsi was putting out "vintage" sodas with cane sugar a few years ago.....but not a fan of those flavors.

I imagine Passover style only available during Passover season.... If it's a Kosher deal you'd figure all year long.

6. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

As I understand it, a key chemical component in Aspartame is a derivative of embalming fluid and is obtained by distilling wood. This chemical has been know to affect the nervous system.

Urshurak776 likes this.
  7. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Friend of Leo's

Nope. All of my food is converted to strength and virility. Especially the alcohol.

8. Art Watson

Art Watson TDPRI Member

Jack and Ginger Ale is the bomb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toto'sDad likes this.
  9. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Aspertane, or Nutra-slime as it's branded, taste like what it is to me, 2 proteins.

For sugar Coke get Mexican Coke; downside it's often stale the farther from the source you are , and it's also always more expensive. I suggest Kosher Coke which is made w sugar for Jewish holidays and will be at chain supermarket at normal prices or on sale after they re over.

10. beninma

beninma Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Hah.. someone mentioned the plastic bottles coming out of the soda machine vs the mexican coke coming in glass bottles.

For me soda is mostly the same thing as beer.

In order from best to worst for me:
    Glass Bottle/Glass > Aluminum can > Paper Cup > Plastic bottle

Paper cup with ice could be better than Aluminum can, that's subtle.
    Plastic bottle of HFCS soda out of the machine with no ice = absolute worse by a long shot

I don't want to drink coffee out of plastic either.

11. rcole_sooner

rcole_sooner Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Not true.

Diet Coke has 40 mg.

Coca Cola has 45 mg.

12. fnkmstr

fnkmstr Tele-Meister

I just got here, I'm not Florida man, yet...
    Probably have my terminology wrong. Passover season for sure.

13. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

I saw a study years ago... One group of mice were given regular soda and all you can eat food, the second group was given diet soda and all you can eat food.... The diet soda mice ballooned up like crazy.

Like you, the only people I know who drink diet soda regularly, are fat...to downright obese.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  14. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Maybe now but when I owned my vending business it was substantial. This was about 15 years ago.

15. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

16. Bassman8

Bassman8 Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

17. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

I used to drink a lot of Coke. I think it was the harsh, acidic burn in the throat that really made it quench my thirst. When they first moved to the 'new coke' in 1985 I quit drinking it. It was just too sweet and 'toned down'. I still have a bottle of New Coke from '85 unopened on a bookshelf. It was the last thing my brother gave me before he died and I never did drink it. I keep it for nostalgic purposes not because I liked it! Since then I haven't kept up with the new offerings.

18. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

Well, there's also the carbonation and caffeine to consider. Not to mention the routine itself. Like with any addiction, more than one factor has to be addressed to successfully manage. Money, too.

But I'm right there with ya. For years I wanted to cut down on coke, but had a difficult time due to craving the taste and sweetness. Diet tasted so bad to me. My wife recommended I start cutting regular coke with diet. I successfully "switched" to diet after a few weeks. That at least cut out the sugar. To some degree it also cut out the sweetness factor, as regular coke started to be too sweet. Then Zero came along.... A little sweeter. At first I thought it tasted just like regular. After a few months I could tell the difference. To this day when Sonic inevitably messes up our Coke Zero with lime order, I can tell if they gave us regular.

But it's still soda. It took several more years to finally cut out drinking soda on a regular basis. I didn't grow up drinking coffee, but I do now. Only a cup in the morning is all I need or want. Water for the rest of the day. Beers, wine, and occasional diet coke/zero or mexican coke for treat only.

I get coke urges if I have more than one or two diet/zeros in a week or so. I have to watch that, or I start picking up coke to bring home from the store. Then it's all over. Keep it rare, and it won't take over. That's why I preach quality over quantity. Reward yourself every once in a while with one good coke, as opposed to a case of cans.

I don't if this applies to your situation or not. I didn't drink alcohol or coffee at all growing up for religious reasons. But I did drink caffeinated sodas. Nowadays I'm healthier keeping sodas out of my life, even though I drink coffee and alcohol well within recommended limits. Tea is not bad. But like coffee it can easily become a lifestyle drink. Water is almost always the cheaper and healthier option.

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

An honest man who has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt he knows what he's talking about!

Nightclub Dwight likes this.
  20. memorex

memorex Friend of Leo's

I occasionally drink cafeine free Coke Zero. I think it tastes the most like Coke Classic without the sugar.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.