Question for B bender owners

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by BGTele, Nov 30, 2010.

1. 8painting

8painting TDPRI Member

I remember listening to that Metallica song as a kid and being mesmerized at how he got the note to bend like that!

If I only knew then what I know now!

2. jmiles

jmiles Friend of Leo's

3. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Z-Wreck, Baby!

4. Rick Towne

Rick Towne Tele-Afflicted

Benders for Christmas....

Used the ASAT Classic three pickup Glaser b/g double bender on "O Holy Night" and 'Come O Come Emanuel" this morning. Very rainy overlooking the windy Pacific on the Santa Monica bluffs. The former on the bridge pickup with more country type figures and the latter on an extended acoustic piano driven jazz version with our piano-drums-guitar trio. Bending inside double stops or 3 note chords steel style is lots of fun. Finished with a piano-acoustic guitar-mandolin version of "Mary Did You Know".

The benders were installed 16 years ago and this guitar has rarely missed a week of playing over that time.

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I've used Hipshot benders since 83'.
    I love em'!

6. keebz

keebz TDPRI Member

I love my 96 American standard b-bender... only one thing, make sure you got a wide strap cause those suckers are heaaaaaavy. 10lbs.

-Keebz

7. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

B Bender sounding dated? Bet if I gave Jeff Beck a B Bender for a month you'd be hearing stuff that would make 9 Inch Nails material sound dated. I fault B. Paisley somewhat for the misconception because in a number of interviews he said that everything that could be done on a B Bender had pretty much been done by Marty, Steve Wariner, etc. That is why he went with the G. This is also why so many Paisley'ites that get Crook Tele's also want the G Bender - because it is what Brad uses.
    However, I am so grateful to B. Paisley for bringing Benders back into mainstream popularity. I went with a Double B&G so I do not have to stress about this B or G issue anymore! You open huge areas of possibility when you have the Double - especially when you are using both benders at the same time.
    The B works great in the Keys of E and A - - the G works great in G and just kills in D especially if you go to Drop D tuning.
    I have solo video coming out in Feb. with both Benders getting worked heavily in Drop D - I am discovering some stunning combination runs.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.