1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Question about the Tele Treble

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by ChickenKiller, Jun 8, 2010.

1. ChickenKiller

ChickenKiller Tele-Holic

I am asking this question and I think I know the Incrediblly obvious answer...

Got my first Tele in Feb... before that I played Acoustic.

What I notice is when I play Barre Chrods up the neck my G B and Lil E strings are really pronounced... Especially the G string...

Granted with just a slight Tone knob adjustment it cuts some of the Treble out...

So I guess the obivious... Duh man it is a Tele?

haha

Thanks guys.

2. Chewy

Chewy Tele-Meister

So what's the question?

...you can try adjusting the screws around the bridge pickup to lower the treble side or raise the bass side to taste.

...the G is the loudest string on an electric, so this is to be expected to some degree. you can get string sets with a wound G for a more balanced sound and acoustic feel (I hate them personally but others like'em!)

3. Flewis

Flewis Tele-Holic

you didnt say what type of bridge you are using but steel saddles would be brighter sounding, you could switch to brass. I always found the same problem with tele's until I found the seymour duncan 5-2 pick up it evens it out really nice

4. Detman101

Detman101 Banned

Just be aware that the wound-G does not bend like the plain-G.
    you have to bend it twice as far to get the same effect as would happen on a plain-g string. That's the reason why I went back to plain-Gs.

Dm

5. Tele Jr

Tele Jr Tele-Holic

Flat Pole vs Raised Pole...

You will get a different balance with a flat pole bridge pup, vs a so called raised pole pup. If you have a raised pole unit now consider checking out a flat pole pup.

6. sjtalon

sjtalon Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I agree with the adjustment of pickup height suggestion.

Get them lower, and play around with if for a while, you can fine tune tone quite a bit with pickup heights.

What Tele do you have ?

7. jefrs

jefrs Doctor of Teleocity

imo a tele on the bridge pickup with the tone control on 10, should sound like breaking glass when spanked.

Adjust the pickup heights to balance them out and find the sweet spot.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.