Question about Quilter amps...

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Dr Improbable, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Tele-Meister

Are the micro Block 45 and the Interblock 45 supposed to take the place of amp heads? Who's played one?

How did it sound?

2. Marc Morfei

Marc Morfei Tele-Afflicted

Yes, they are micro heads. I briefly had the MicroBlock45, and it was OK but nothing special. But that is the smallest cheapest one they make. Some of the bigger ones get rave reviews.

Dr Improbable likes this.
  3. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Quilter entry level drugs ;)

omahaaudio likes this.
  4. fidopunk

fidopunk Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I played the Interblock at winter NAMM. I was so excited for it-- it was terrible. Absolutely irredeemable. The cab sim feature was garbage.

5. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Friend of Leo's

I bought a Microblock 45 just to try it out since it was cheap, but I sold it since I already had the Tone Block 200 which seemed like it was the same amp but 200 watts.

I haven't tried the Interblock, but the Overdrive 200 is my main amp now.

6. MikeG74

MikeG74 TDPRI Member

I have the interblock 45 mounted on a pedaltrain nano hooked to a direct box that I use for a backup amp at gigs.
    I have a 67 and 68 bassman heads with a 66 2x12 cab that I gig with. I was always lugging the 2 heads around. Decided to try this so I only have to take 1 head. We mic everything up so thats why I have the direct box. I have actually used it for several gigs and it sounded and performed great. its a really good base sound to work with and plenty loud enough. I take it with me to practice and it works great for that too. Of course, it does not sound as good as my vintage fenders, but it will get the job done. I was not impressed with the overdrive it has but I just set it clean and use pedals.

7. Ringo

Ringo Poster Extraordinaire

I had an Interblock 45, I used it for rehearsals and I thought it sounded great, mostly set for a good clean tone and I used my pedals through it. It definitely would have been loud enough to gig with for my needs.
    I never tried the line out, some folks seem to like it others not so much.
    I got a deal on a used MicroPro 12HD so I sold the Interblock , but I did like it a lot.
    There is a Quilter user group on Facebook you can ask there or read some posts by guys there who own them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.