Question about pickup height not adjusting...

Apache49

TDPRI Member

Wallaby

Friend of Leo's
I'd use the needle file in the pickup mounting screw holes, if they're too tight after test fitting. There needs to be a certain amount of slop there for them to work at the angles that are needed. Those holes are completely hidden when the mounting screws are installed.

If the issue is that the pickup covers are too tight in their cutouts a different solution would be needed. The cutouts for the pickups are highly visible, and I'm not so sure what the best approach for that is.

It's difficult to determine without seeing it in person. It will be interesting to see what's actually causing the problem!

This may be a dumb question BUT do you mean I could use the needle file to shape the Pickguard hole where the bridge pickup sits in? To create more room for the pickup to be lose?

Last edited:

ABetterTelePlayer

Tele-Holic
The bridge pickup on this set is stacked and has deeper dimensions (0.85) than the neck/middle pickups (0.7). It may well be limited in adjustment if your Strat body route isn’t deep enough to accommodate it. Compare sizes here:

Yeah we already discussed this may be the issue, but the problem isn't that there's no where to go, I'd be fine with it, however it's way too close to the strings creating the octave effect/intonation issues. The 6th string specifically starts sounding out of tune as you go up the neck. So I feel like some type of verbal warning from the tech would have done some good. I'm not mad, just slightly disappointed.

ABetterTelePlayer

Tele-Holic
I popped open the Pickguard, I didn't need to remove the knobs. I found that it was indeed, a space issue but since I don't want to route the guitar, I'm just going to trade that set in for credit and get a new set that I've been looking at.

Thanks all!