Putting together my first Partscaster

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by jimmyv723, Feb 1, 2018.

1. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Been looking at different bodies, necks and other components for a while and picked up a Fender Standard Tele neck for a nice deal the other day and just ordered the body tonight. Was looking around earlier tonight and had clicked on one listing and saw this one in the recommended list...

[​IMG]

Alder back with Maple cap and really looking forward to getting this up and rolling. Ordered some water based dyes and tru oil a couple weeks ago and am thinking of doing dark brown on the back but still deciding what to do for the top. Will do reveal binding for both around the top of the body as well as the inside of the -hole.

Going to do a Wilkinson Bridge with compensated brass saddles and picked up a wiring harness that has independent volumes and a master tone. Will most likely upgrade the switch to a 4-way at some point but not too worried about it right now. Still deciding on the pickups but stoked to get everything and get going with it.

Tonetele, CFFF and Smiff like this.
  2. hemingway

hemingway Poster Extraordinaire

Nice body (so to speak).

3. deadicated

deadicated Tele-Holic

Looks nice .Good luck and have fun.

4. PinewoodRo

PinewoodRo Tele-Afflicted

Very nice looking body!

5. Ira7

Ira7 Doctor of Teleocity

Where did you get the body? Raw Thinlines are scarcer than hen's teeth.

Sweet!!!

6. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Thanks guys and looks like all the pieces have shipped and should be here by the middle to end of next week. Will definitely keep this updated with progress as I move along with the process. I heard about ToneBomb on here and have their store bookmarked on ebay and saw one had popped up on their store last night. While checking that one out i saw some recommended similar items at the bottom of the listing and this body was one of them and is from...

https://www.ebay.com/usr/guitarsbyaugustas?rt=nc

Here is the link to the ToneBomb page as well and the Thinline body is still up on their page...

https://www.ebay.com/usr/tonebombguitarparts?rt=nc

7. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Also decided on the pickups and was able to get a great deal on a set of Texas Specials for it. Got a chrome pickup ring for the neck pickup to show off more of the top as well.

8. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Pretty. I suggest you add some material under that extra thin top where the knot and the f-hole commingle on the hollow upper bout. Tightbond a thin piece of wood similar or same species as the top under there. I 'wood' myself.

9. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Haven;t been feeling real great lately and also been working a lot but in between everything i got this bad boy put together. Went for a dark brown on the back and sides with the same on the top which i sanded off and went over with yellow. Wanted to give it a 59 LP type look to it. Played it tonight for the first time and loving it. Can;t wait to do some more now :cool:...

[​IMG]

it's got Texas Specials for the pickups with independent volume and a master tone. It was a pre-wired control plate and will probably add a 4-way switch to it down the line but for now I just throw it in the middle position and use the volumes to get what I need.

10. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

That came out really great! Are you going to install any strap horns or just leave it bare?

11. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Thanks and I opted for the Planet Waves Elliptical End Pins for it. just played it some more and it smokes. It's also very light with the body coming in at barely over three pounds. Definitely very happy with it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.