Putting together a replica 90s Brent Mason pedal board.

Kurt80

TDPRI Member
Hi everyone, I'll start with the caveat that I have done my research on original early Brent Mason pedals however haven't really found what I'm looking for.

I will also say I recently bought a BM signature tele. It's so bloody wonderful. I grew up listening to alan jackson, george strait, randy travis etc. All these albums and solos I love are played by the man and this guitar. To have it in my hands is a dream come true.

So as more a hobby than being a sound purist I'd like to put together the same pedals that Brent used on early AJ, albums.

I've read of compression and chorus being the main ones.

My question is. Do any other Brent Mason enthusiasts out there know what he utilised in the early nashville days. I know the early boss pedals are worth a pretty penny now days but I'm determined to buy the originalsif that's what he used.

If anyone out there has Intel on specific models I'd be all ears.

Thanks for any help and passing on of info.

Yours in picking

Kurt

Attachments

• received_629665341550166.jpeg
    received_629665341550166.jpeg
    59.8 KB · Views: 32

Hodgo88

Tele-Holic
Ad Free Member
Per the man himself in an interview with Premier Guitar in 2007:
What was your setup for your famous tone on Alan Jackson’s recordings, like “Chattahoochee,” “Summertime Blues” or “Mercury Blues?”

That setup was pretty simple. It was my ‘68 Tele with a blue Boss compressor running into my ‘67 Fender Deluxe, maybe with a little slap delay on it. The simpler the better for Alan’s stuff.
You'd probably would want a BD-2 as well, then just add a mountain of talent and practice.

Phrygian77

Poster Extraordinaire
@Kurt80 I guess I overlooked that this was posted in the Welcome Wagon. You might want to try posting your question in this pedal sub forum.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Fenderdad1950

Friend of Leo's
Welcome from Albuquerque, New Mexico. Great axe, the neck pickup is turned around like Keith Richards main guitar Micawber