Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by joekumpan3, Nov 19, 2014.
Thank you, plenty of other crooked things and defects. Thanks though.
btw, these two threads on decals were really helpful to me:
Excellent! I love being turned on to other threads thank you. So much info on tdpri so little time. Funny thing is I usually find info via Google that leads back here.
I made a little shim out of an old credit card with a lot of good times from it. Hopefully a little mojo from it will transfer over.
It fits the neck pocket just right! The card may seem kind of thick but the tremolo could use a better break angle so I went high.
The ground wire gets soldered to a piece of copper tape.
And it goes here.
I bought strap locks to recess but am having a hard time bringing myself to drill that big of a hole and then an even deeper screw hole. Maybe in the future, for now standard strap locks.
So I got everything buttoned up and soldered etc. so I put one string on to check and........ nothing. I have to go back and check the connections.
I forgot to put a wire from here
to here. I guess the volume really has to be attached to the switch in order for it to work.
I need to fine tune the nut, there are still some sharp corners on the frets, adjust the tremolo saddles but I am basically done. I couldn't resist a little two string jam I just really wanted to hear the pickups.
They sound good on the bass strings. I dialed the jcm 900 up to max gain and they sound good but when I dial it down a bit they sound better. There is a little buzz and I think if I flatten the ground wire solder a little it will go away if not I will wrap it around a screw or something.I will finish up this weekend and post video soon.
I decided to man up and and install the recessed strap lock inserts. It was kind of hairy and definitely irreversible here is the hole for the rear.
I had to remove the neck to get to the front at the right angle.
Here is the front installed it sticks out on the curve a bit but that will help keep the strap away from the bod a little.
Here is the rear,it's money !$!
Here is how much clearance there is wi the the front.
And the rear. I like them very streamline and cool.
I bent the ends of the strings and soldered the wraps.
I adjusted the saddles to approximately where they should be.