Puppies looking for a forever family...

rjtwangs

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
From the breeder that my Sophie came from. Sophie and these 3 baby girls have the same mother and father....if anyone might be interested let me know and I will forward the breeders information. All are AKC registered....are they not gorgeous??!!??
imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

RJ

nojazzhere

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
From the breeder that my Sophie came from. Sophie and these 3 baby girls have the same mother and father....if anyone might be interested let me know and I will forward the breeders information. All are AKC registered....are they not gorgeous??!!?? View attachment 1039166

RJ
Respectfully....and I don't mean to offend anyone......I just won't buy a dog from a breeder. I've had too many wonderful dogs that were rescued from shelters, who might otherwise have been put down.
I admit the downside nowadays, is that EVERY animal in the shelter seems to have a Pit Bull in their breeding. Those guys really must get around. ;)

Nubs

Friend of Leo's
Respectfully....and I don't mean to offend anyone......I just won't buy a dog from a breeder. I've had too many wonderful dogs that were rescued from shelters, who might otherwise have been put down.
I admit the downside nowadays, is that EVERY animal in the shelter seems to have a Pit Bull in their breeding. Those guys really must get around. ;)
I agree with this. Nothing wrong with breeders, but I also would always rescue rather than pay for a dog. There are so many perfectly good dogs waiting for homes in shelters. We should be putting the irresponsible owners in shelters instead of the dogs! The real crime is dogs suffering because of it!

TeleTex82

Friend of Leo's
To each their own re breeders vs shelters. We're looking to add a dog to our family soon and this post almost got me. Not quite there yet though. Don't need to be potty training a pup and a 2 year old at the same time lol.

stxrus

Doctor of Teleocity
Ever dog deserves a good home regardless of its ancestry

Mike Eskimo

Telefied
Ad Free Member
A dog doesn’t know where it came from 😭 (cue Sarah McLachlan) …

So, get your dog from a shelter, if you don’t mind it being a “Pit-something” and if you do go the breeder route - steal it !

Either way , you’re giving a dog a loving home 😭 (replay Sarah McLachlan), and you’re also not putting a dime in a breeder’s pocket .

Problem solved !

Last edited:

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity
From the breeder that my Sophie came from. Sophie and these 3 baby girls have the same mother and father....if anyone might be interested let me know and I will forward the breeders information. All are AKC registered....are they not gorgeous??!!?? View attachment 1039166

RJ

Aw... We already have a Basset and four other dogs, but I know that I can under no circumstances let my wife or daughters see this photo.

Skully

Doctor of Teleocity

I've done the shelter thing a few times and, as you point out, they are filled with mostly pit bulls and pit mixes and dogs that are called something else, but are really pit bulls. The second most common shelter breed around our parts are Huskies, because they are escape artists. We had a Siberian Husky, rescued off the streets not a shelter, and I still have nightmares about what that dog put me through.

We have an Anatolian Shepherd/Great Pyrenees mix (that looks 100% Anatolian) and a small white dog we got from shelters, and they're great. But the last three puppies we've brought into our homes are two Newfs and a Basset. They have very specific characteristics that we love, and we had to get them from breeders.

Stubee

Doctor of Teleocity
Aw... We already have a Basset and four other dogs, but I know that I can under no circumstances let my wife or daughters see this photo.
Yep. They’re irresistible, and that’s why I don’t go look at dogs unless I truly want one, and that describes me shortly after we’ve lost our family dog. I’m set right now.

Mouth

Friend of Leo's
I've done the shelter thing a few times and, as you point out, they are filled with mostly pit bulls and pit mixes and dogs that are called something else, but are really pit bulls. The second most common shelter breed around our parts are Huskies, because they are escape artists. We had a Siberian Husky, rescued off the streets not a shelter, and I still have nightmares about what that dog put me through.

We have an Anatolian Shepherd/Great Pyrenees mix (that looks 100% Anatolian) and a small white dog we got from shelters, and they're great. But the last three puppies we've brought into our homes are two Newfs and a Basset. They have very specific characteristics that we love, and we had to get them from breeders.

My neighbor growing up had Huskies. I saw one put its paws in the holes in their chain link fence and climb up and over. Super smart. Hilarious to watch that.

PSA: PETA wants to ban pet ownership as unethical treatment, so bear that in mind if ever asked to donate.