1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pull String #3!

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by asatfan, Apr 22, 2021.

1. asatfan

asatfan Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I'm really excited about this one! I purchased this Verrilli T-style last month. Wasn't planning on a new guitar but the photos grabbed my attention. It was on consignment at one of my favorite guitar stores. Turns out, Frank Verrilli is an artist/musician (and a great guy) that makes very cool custom guitars. I like it so much that I sent it out to Dave Evans for a Pull String install. The work is being done as we speak. The neck humbucker is a first for me on a Tele. Opens up some nice tones! This is going to be fun! Frank Verilli Custom T II.jpg

Mike SS, RobRiggs, Blister and 11 others like this.
  2. VonBonfire

VonBonfire Tele-Meister

What's a pull string? Like a B-Bender?

That axe is a beauty. Love the details. And especially the humbucker in the neck!

T Prior and asatfan like this.
  3. TeleTex82

TeleTex82 Friend of Leo's

She's a looker!

asatfan likes this.
  4. asatfan

Frank Verilli Custom T III.jpg
    Thanks for the comments! Yes, a B-bender! In the long history of b benders, Dave Evans was there at the beginning. Many of the best (and most well known) players have been using Dave's benders for decades, including several that show up here, from time to time. This will be my third Pull String, which sounds a bit excessive....no regrets!

Website for Verrilli Guitars: www.FVcustomguitars.com

That Cal Webway and VonBonfire like this.
  5. VonBonfire

VonBonfire Tele-Meister

Two is one, one is none. So really you have two B-benders at any one moment if one of the three should need work. That's just having enough tools for the job my friend, not excessive at all IMO unless you are just collecting! Either way, enjoy brother!

asatfan likes this.
  6. Willie Johnson

Willie Johnson Tele-Holic

That thing is frikkin' cool.

asatfan likes this.
  7. asatfan

A pic or two of the Pull String install. Verrilli routing I.jpg Initial routing for the stainless steel mechanism. Quite impressive. Dave's work is meticulous. Verrilli rough layout II.jpg And with the hardware layout.

string pull and brookdalebill like this.
  8. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Ultra cool!

asatfan likes this.
  9. Blister

Blister Tele-Meister

Beautiful enjoy yourself

asatfan likes this.
  10. asatfan

Moving right along! This one is stainless steel which is around a pound lighter than the other two I have in my Asats. The clear cover will be recessed into the body so it's flush with the back. Threaded inserts all around. Completely adjustable tension and adjustable "throw" length. I'll have the tension cranked up to very stiff, as usual. I don't like accidental bends, which I tend to do if it's too light. Looking good!! Verrilli Pull String assembled 4-28-21.jpg

11. rod

rod TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

12. rod

That looks like a great project. That's a cool guitar. Dave is a fantastic guy to deal with and his work is flawless. It's so neat to get photos as the project moves along.

I machined my first bender back in 1975, but always wanted one of Dave's Pull Strings When he got back in production, I ordered one. Mine is 006SS. I've been very happy with it.

asatfan likes this.
  13. rod

That's a very cool guitar. Dave's a great guy and his work is flawless. It's so neat to get his photos as the project gets completed.

I machined my first bender back in 1975, but always wanted one of Dave's Pull Strings. I ordered mine when he got back into production. Mine is 006SS. It's great; I couldn't be happier.

asatfan likes this.
  14. asatfan

Apache 11-1-19.JPG Dave finished up the Pull String install in the Verrilli and shipped it on Monday! Yahoo!! Tracking showed delivery on May 7, end of the day. Well, now it seems the package has been loitering around, somewhere in IL since Wednesday....they sure know how to frustrate a guy.

Just thought I'd throw in a picture of the first Asat I had Dave put a Pull String in.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.