Psychi vampire. Have you ever met one ?

BuckNekkid

Tele-Holic
I was married to one. According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V) used by psychiatrists and therapists, they are categorized as Borderline Personality Disordered (BPD). They fall into a "cluster" of similar mental aberrants, which include Psychopaths, Histrionics, and Narcissists.

Not only can they suck the life out of you, they do so by design, whether they know it or not. A psychiatrist I spoke with once made the observation that their symptoms and behaviors are not caused by chemical imbalances, as are some mental illnesses, but rather are "learned" behaviors, starting in childhood and often having their origin in dysfunctional family conditions.

Which explains why there are so many of them these days.

Let me tell you, getting free of my BPD (psychic vampire) wife was a horrific and painful experience. I have nearly lost all interest in having another intimate relationship as a result. It's not a game.

ETA: I consulted with Dr. Tara Palmatier, who has a very helpful web site, "Shrink4Men." If you think you are in an abusive relationship, you should check it out!

Timbresmith1

Friend of Leo's
Met them. Been employed by them. Got shafted in a culture of lies built in a foundation of negativity… Grew a spine to deter them. Said “No” and told them why not. Started my own business. The other employees still interact with the one guy… they’re still waiting for a commission check of over 12k…3 years after closing a six figure deal for that fancy slob.

ReverendRevolver

Friend of Leo's
I distinctively remember a documentary on them.
They deliberately interact with "prey" in a way that gets them worked up, and once the exchange is over the victim feels excessive fatigue.

They used some kind of spectography photo and even a "control group". Top notch pseudo science documentary making.

I truly do believe that there is a specific psychological disorder that inclines people into what is for all intents and purposes, a psychic vampire.
yeah you are right it is psychic vampire. The name pretty much fits the description. I am eagerly awaiting for the psychic mummies, or werewolves.

I'm a psychic mummy. I attempt to lay torpid and not be disturbed. When disturbed, I pursue the interloper, throwing curses about like parade candy, and ensuring to mentally exhaust my prey until they're a mentally and physically fatigued husk for about half an hour, which makes me feel energetic enough to go back to what I was doing......

;)

johnny k

Doctor of Teleocity
Could they join forces and turn into a giant robot that fights aliens when the earth is in danger?

I would have told them that my name was Lord Humongous or Master Blaster.

Then again, this is probably why I have no friends...
Q What's your name ?
A Devastator.

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
A psychic vampire (or energy vampire) is a creature in folklore said to feed off the "life force" of other living creatures. The term can also be used to describe a person who gets increased energy around other people, but leaves those other people exhausted or "drained" of energy.[1] Psychic vampires are represented in the occult beliefs of various cultures and in fiction.[2] Quoted from wiki.

It is not just folkore. They exist. I have. Folks who can't stop talking and you just go huh, huh, and nod your head. Or take a whole lot of time and beat around the bush to answer a yes / no question. People who like hearing themselves talk.

Hyper kids are great at draining energy too.

How do i protect myself ? Garlic necklace (this will probably prevent any social interactions ) ? stake through the heart ? telling them make it quick, i don't like long stories, just give me the pîece of information i need ?

First i read about them was in a Lavey book.
yes it's true , vampires are real, nah I not talking about Dracula type the undead type
Nosferatu sleeps in a casket and drinks the blood of the living type vampires.
I'm talking about people the display paterns of behavior that does seem to have a pay off to their manipulation.
I you get static an unclear perception regarding their behavior, and it seem like the just want your energy, intellectual or emotional and that their behavior seems to be drawing you into some sort of unconscious exchange, visualize yourself in a field of bright shining light and focus that energy on them and they'll usually desist, if they continue to push into your psychic state, calmly and quiets from inside of your shining aura of light, smile like Dracula start thinking the mantra: kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself kill yourself and that person will stop. Do this with loving kindness but remember vampiric hostility is assault.
When doing security at night in San Francisco some one wanted something and tried to intimidate me, and I asked " are you going to hurt me ? are you going to kill me? Do you want to die? The person went away quickly and quietly no worse for ware, once off work I got to go home and kick out my ass kicker boots off and by the fire and continue reading Dracula. drinking a warm cup of coffee with cream,

having know some real sociopaths in my time I'd say sociopaths from my experience just take and take and take and take some more.
have you ever been with someone and had no feeling of the person not being present, not unlike a snake just about to feed, the snake is gone except for the instinct to feed.

gary-oldman-dracula.jpg

Last edited:

ping-ping-clicka

Poster Extraordinaire
True! But some are much, much worse than others :cool:
you are so clever!🤩 You make existential funnies , very funny man , very clever.
As an introvert according to my shrink: you are very introverted

Rochester: I don't mean to upset people, but I must speak my mind. For what's in my mind is far more interesting than what's outside my mind.
Alcock: Makes you impossible to live with, though. You see?

Rochester: that could be the grounds for your dismissal.

Alcock: I thought that was why you hired me.

Rochester: Mrs. Barry, you must acquire the trick of ignoring those who do not like you. In my experience, those who do not like you fall into two categories: The stupid and the envious. The stupid will like you in five years time. The envious, never.