PSA: Great price on ATA-style case

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, Sep 24, 2020.

1. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

A couple of days ago, while searching for a case for my snake and other PA accouterments, I came across an ad on Craigslist for what looked like an ATA case in just the size I needed, 18x24x10. The price gave me pause: only $25. I contacted the seller and arranged to have the case shipped to me, fully expecting it to be some cheap piece of crap. Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be a brand new ATA case with hardware and foam that will obviously hold up to my intended purposes.

After receiving it, I asked the seller why it was so cheap. He responded that he is a glass artist and the cases were custom made to ship glass awards that he had been contracted to make a number of years ago. He ordered too many of the cases and they've been sitting in his warehouse for a few years taking up space. So, he recently decided to move them out.

So, since I'm so happy with the case and the seller has turned out to be a really nice guy, I am posting this PSA with a link to his Craiglist ad. I have nothing to do with it beyond posting this link. I have no affiliation, no financial interest, and will receive nothing, if anybody buys any of these cases. I'm just trying to help out the seller and anybody here who might benefit from the low price on a really nice case.

The link to the ad is:

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/hsh/d/rutherford-aluminum-framed-carry-case/7187092374.html

Here's a picture of the one I bought:

5f6ca585cf7ba5.61761305.png

The shipping price will vary, but I'm sure it will be reasonable. He undercharged me, but now he has a better idea what it actually costs to ship.

Again, I have no interest here beyond just trying to help folks out. What I can say is that these are really nice cases at a stupid low price. He has about 30 more of them. So, if you need one, I recommend jumping on it.

tery likes this.
  2. tery

tery Doctor of Teleocity

Nice deal !

3. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

And, just as a frame of reference, the snake in my photo is a 16x4, 50 foot snake. So, clearly, the case could easily be used for a 100 foot (or maybe more) snake. I plan to load it up with all the other wires I use with my PA, and probably some microphones and other knick-knacks, so it'll be pretty packed by the time I'm done.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.