PSA - Craigslist Sacramento Fender Bandmaster Blonde

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by ozcal, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Justjammin

Justjammin Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

After reading this thread, this ad shows up first time in Craigslist, http://monterey.craigslist.org/msg/5822404403.html

I used "Uncle Spot" to redo my Bandmaster Head a while back, I believe he is located in Lodi. Anybody here ever use his services?

2. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Doctor of Teleocity

Very cool amp, nice find and a great price.

That Bandmaster should be much louder than a 5E3 if speaker efficiency is comparable. 40 watts vs. 12-15? I've had Bandmasters (ok, BF Bandmasters) and I have a 5E3 now. Not even close to comparable volume. I hope it's just an efficiency thing.

3. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Grolan1, ime, a valid assessment of condition is not subjective. Rather, an accurate assessment should be entirely objective. I am not near any magic book. This evening, one could look at a number of offerings on eBay....
    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=fender+tremolux+head

Those BF Tremolux amps are not very common, ime.

4. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/msg/5811627038.html

I have been drooling on this for a couple of days. And if you are interested this is a local guy (Fullerton, Ca) and he is throwing out a group of 60s and 70s equipment and most look outstanding. Guitars, basses and amps, cases.....lots of stuff.

5. grolan1

grolan1 Friend of Leo's

Somewhere in the middle of the flippin country
    Sweet amp too!

6. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

That Orange Co. Bassman looks nice. The seller did not provide any pictures to confirm the claims of originality or to identify which model of Bassman this is. I would guess that it is a 6G6A, but ????? Who knows. It would be worth investigating if one were interested. Iirc, the wheat grilled 6G6B is the most desirable blonde Bassman due to the connection to Brian Setzer. That is the amp he plays.

7. jguitarman

jguitarman Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

SacDave, I have two BandMasters from '64, a blond and a black one. Either one is way louder than my 5e3 which I built. If your BM is not as loud as your 5e3 something is wrong. I'm in the next town over if you ever want to get together and compare. I'll even supply the beer. :)

AlbertaGriff and grolan1 like this.
  8. SacDAve

SacDAve Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

^^ I'll send you a PM tomorrow sounds great love to do that, BTW I'm in Rocklin

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.