1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

PSA - broken Stroboclip remedy

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by hshight, Nov 20, 2014.

1. hshight

hshight Tele-Meister

I like my Peterson Stroboclip, but the plastic ears that hold the spring hinge are weak, and one of mine broke. I bought it in 2010, and have contacted Peterson about a replacement, but no word back yet.

Then I remembered that another PSA here (I believe) announced that reverb.com was selling little clip-on tuners for like $3 shipped. I got one.

Now the cool part - the "head" of each is attached with a small Philps screw and a nut. Swapped the Peterson "head" onto the 'verb.com clip, and Bob's your uncle! Back in bidness!

Hope it helps someone.

hudpucker likes this.
  2. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

One of my friends stepped on her Korg PC-1 Pitch Clip and broke the clip... It's a slightly different design, but we were able to glue it back together with super glue. Now it looks like it was glued together, but it works just the same!

I think your solution is more elegant! ;)

[​IMG]

3. hudpucker

hudpucker Tele-Meister

Over 4 yrs later but I did indeed repair my Strobo-Clip by cannabalizing the clip from a cheapo reverb.com $1 tuner as hshight suggested. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.