1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

PSA - AV ‘52 on Sale

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by MilwMark, Jun 1, 2019.

1. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

GC claims to have AV ‘52 Telecasters in stock and on sale sale for $1579.

AlbertaGriff likes this.
  2. KC

KC Friend of Leo's

a word to the wise: I bought a "new" Music Man Cutlass off GC and it arrived with ancient strings, a Ray Charles setup, a few nicks and dings, no case candy and a non-working neck pickup. When I called to enquire, they said "new" just meant they hadn't sold it before. No idea about these Teles but I would call the store itself that has them in stock & make sure you're comfortable with the condition.

in the end I got a used guitar for a used guitar price -- and I could have returned it. I didn't because it's a great guitar.

3. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Not a bad price. Bought mine new from them last year. It was marked down quite a bit and after the sale coupon and an additional 10% from a trade, my out the door cost was $1,160. Way better than used. It’s a great guitar and my number 1. Funny thing is, I wasn’t looking for it. Only took it off the wall because I’d never tried one before. Sound familiar?

4. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

My local shop has an excellent one in near mint condition for $1,599, with no G.C. nonsense. I would already own it if I hadn't recently picked up a few rather pricey guitars.

$1,600 is the max that "new" AVs should be marked at at this point, IMO. They've been sitting around in the shops for a year and a half at the least...and with tax, you're still at around $1,750, which isn't exactly the deal of the century for a guitar that's been sitting out getting molested by the peanut gallery for a year and a half.

When my local shop got the AOs in, they marked all AVs down to $1,600. I grabbed what I could, but you can't have 'em all! I got the sunburst '58 (though they also had a blonde one), and a '65 limited run Strat (which was only $1,300 because it had a replacement Fender case, not the original one). Their Burgundy Mist '65 Strat finally sold a few weeks ago, and the '52 Tele is their only AV left.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.