PSA 64 PV Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by dannyh, Aug 26, 2018.

1. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

Just stopped in at GC Arlington Texas, they have a white 64 PV Tele on clearance, $1499. Somebody give it a home so I don’t have to. The GAS is strong with this one.. IMG_6404.JPG

sonny wolf likes this.
  2. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

Price too high for a used one. Especially considering there is tax and an obvious ding, not to mention the crappy source it's coming from.

I've been shopping for one for a few months, and $1,400 delivered for one without chips seems about right from what I've seen out there.

3. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

Yeah I figured it probably was high considering the source. There’s actually two pretty good dings in it...sure plays and sounds sweet though....I’m out on it, hopefully someone can work something out for it.

4. EsquireOK

EsquireOK Friend of Leo's

If someone can get it for $1,200 or $1,300 out the door, I'd say go for it. $1,500 plus tax is just too much, though, IMO.

5. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Oh.

I have to hand it to that store.

That fretboard certainly needs some love and care. It's the driest, unloveliest board I've seen in a while. It looks like it's been hanging there for 5 years. It has a few greasy prints on the high strings from a handful of weedlers, but it looks like death warmed up.

And it's knob has been lost.

6. deadbeat son

deadbeat son Tele-Afflicted

They’re not used. That’s what GC is selling their unsold new stock for. My local GC has one too.

7. trep53

trep53 TDPRI Member

It's missing the switch tip cover too.

8. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Also got a chip off the top body edge. You could offer to buy with discount as shop damaged. That fretboard though needs a lot of improving.

9. Blue4Now

Blue4Now TDPRI Member

I would not care about the chip, if its a good weight (for me about 7lbs) and rings out nice, its would be a good grab. I have one and I reach for it more than my others Teles. To me the fret board looks like a lighter color rosewood, more so than just dry.

10. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

I wouldn’t get too hung up on the fretboard. If you changed the strings and slapped a little bit of lemon oil on the board it’d be more than fine. It could be a great guitar, sounds really good. Too rich for me presently though....

11. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

Just wait for a 15% off sale. $1275+ tax. That’s what I did with my ‘52, plus they knocked another 10% off with my trade. I paid less than the asking price for very good used models.

dannyh likes this.
  12. Rockbreaker

Rockbreaker Tele-Holic

Is this the next gen AV'64?

13. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Afflicted

There was only one generation of the AV '64. It ran roughly from some time in 2011 through 2017. It's successor is the American Original '60s, which does have the AV '64 pickups, but doesn't have the same finger board radius (7.25") and finish as the AV '64. There are a few other differences as well.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.