PRS SE Santana - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Levi Gonzalez, Oct 1, 2011.

1. stringslinger01

stringslinger01 Tele-Meister

I have played two prs se's: one santana and one custom. The santana one was good, but the custom was more comfortable to me. Still, both were excellent guitars and I would buy one if I could

2. onetruegeorge

onetruegeorge TDPRI Member

I'd go for the Santana. I've played a couple of those (the newer ones, not the original run), and the construction, playability and tone are far beyond anything I've seen from Epiphone. I cannot recommend them enough.

3. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

+1 on the SE One. I have one, and for the past few weeks I've been lucky enough to play it through a black panel Twin that belongs to the club I work at. What a sound. The soapbar through that amp sounds pretty amazing.

And even though it's PRS' low end guitar, it's still extremely well made. They've re-branded the guitar as the 'Santana Abraxas' with a white paint job and a graphic from the Santana album.

- D

4. rideough

rideough TDPRI Member

I've recently (ok about a month ago) picked up a PRS SE Singlecut Korina like the one posted above. It is by far one of the best guitars I've ever owned.

Craftmanship is above and beyond the Gibsons I've had before, let alone any Epi I've played. It is probably the first guitar I got out of the box that was intonated properly, action was right where I like it and the fretwork was awesome.
    You just don't get this anymore, we all go looking at guitars, even in the 1K and up market, and expect to do fretwork, change all this and that, and with PRS and PRS SE you just don't have to.

As for mojo....the day I got it, my buddies started calling it the Mustard Tiger so i think that's pretty mojo. Anyways I use it for metal so no mojo needed, that stuff is just for old white guys playing Muddy Waters covers.

5. gguitar55

gguitar55 Tele-Meister

Hi There: Old white guy here. I was just about to whip out another cover of "Hoochie Koochie Man" when I read your post.
    I guess I'll just hang it up now and die.
    How many notes can you play in 30 seconds? Do you keep count?
    By the way, doesn't 36 make you a little old for a metal head?

6. Levi Gonzalez

Levi Gonzalez Tele-Meister

Lay off the bottle bro.

7. Don Miller

Don Miller Tele-Afflicted

I was shopping around for a 2 HB guitar a while back and was looking at the PRS santana model..I liked the look but wasnt sure about the tremolo tail piece...they played well, but Im not a major tremolo user...and i got other guitars for that...so I went and found a Studio faded that I liked...I noted in alot of the photos posted here, the tremolo arm is absent...

At one point, I played one of the PRS lower end semi hollows..the model escapes me at the moment..but it had a great neck..and a nice resonance that the comperable priced Epis couldnt match...

8. LawDaddy

LawDaddy Tele-Holic

Just a thought: My local GC has a Tele FMT used for ~$400, might be an option if you're looking for a set-neck HH axe.

9. Alex M

Alex M Tele-Meister

That isone sexy guitar! Any chance you're selling? :)

10. gguitar55

gguitar55 Tele-Meister

Sorry man, she's a real keeper. A forever guitar.

11. Alex M

Alex M Tele-Meister

I know what you mean. I'm going to keep a lookout now for these.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.