Prosonic Combo Footswitch

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
Hi all,

I just aquired a Prosonic combo which unfortunately came without a footswitch. I googled around a while to see, what footswitch was delivered from the factory and if it is still available. I only found a few photos which showed a Vintage style footswitch but couldn't find info, which Fender switch would work.

Would this one here work? Fender part no is 0994058000

1641482482361.png

Best regards

Jonas

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
That looks exactly like my Prosonic foot switch with a different label. How different could it be electrically? It’s a pretty simple affair.

FWIW on my Prosonic head (no reverb) I use a stock Fender footswitch (single button) and it works fine.

I can’t confirm but I think the one you pictured would work fine.

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Be careful, many switches look the same but aren't. Some modern Fenders use momentary contact switches. Vintage don't use those.

This "Prosonic" looks entirely different here:

Last edited:

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
Be careful, many switches look the same but aren't. Some modern Fenders use momentary contact switches. Vintage don't.

This "Prosonic" looks entirely different:
That is not a stock Prosonic footswitch - or at least not the only style that is compatible

Last edited:

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
Here is my footswitch that came with my Prosonic combo (used)

CCE97A46-1FF1-4125-94E4-DA369EFF6ACD.jpeg

Here is the inside
80358311-C54C-414D-B2EF-55CE7E4C6413.jpeg

Looks vintage style to me. While the Prosonic is a relatively modern amp, it’s circuitry is pretty old school.

Here is the basic aftermarket Fender replacement footswitch I use for channel switch with my Prosonic head View attachment 937316

No momentary zen tomfoolery there!

Again I can’t confirm because I haven’t tried it or looked at schematics. It sure looks like the vintage style switch would work.

Attachments

• E264142F-010C-4BA1-B061-2230F6C78321.jpeg
    E264142F-010C-4BA1-B061-2230F6C78321.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 34F63A1F-15AB-4AD7-9F65-81CD8332DDC5.jpeg
    34F63A1F-15AB-4AD7-9F65-81CD8332DDC5.jpeg
    224.2 KB · Views: 11

schmee

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Here is my footswitch that came with my Prosonic combo (used)

View attachment 937310

Here is the inside View attachment 937315

Looks vintage style to me. While the Prosonic is a relatively modern amp, it’s circuitry is pretty old school.

Here is the basic aftermarket Fender replacement footswitch I use for channel switch with my Prosonic head View attachment 937316

No momentary zen tomfoolery there!

Again I can’t confirm because I haven’t tried it or looked at schematics. It sure looks like the vintage style switch would work.
Do those "crunch/clik" when pressed? or are they momentary?

oyobass

Tele-Meister
Be careful, some Fender footswitches use an arrangement of diodes in them to tell the amp which footswitch was tapped. That way they can use a mono cable and save the expense of including TRS cables and jacks.

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
Be careful, some Fender footswitches use an arrangement of diodes in them to tell the amp which footswitch was tapped. That way they can use a mono cable and save the expense of including TRS cables and jacks.
There are no diodes inside my Prosonic foot switch. Just wire and switches and TRS cable. It’s a dead simple foot switch people

Last edited:

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
Hi all,

Thanks a lot for the multiple responses! I guess, I will follow @63 vibroverb suggestion and just buy the switch and see, if it works. I was a little reluctant to do so, as I am not a fan of returning stuff if it can be avoided, but in this case it seems it is not clear if it works with a Prosonic or not.

But thanks to @JDB2 and his photos, I think even if it wouldn't work, I could modify it then to make it work, even though, I am completely lost at doing wiring above the level of installing pickups :)

I will let you know the outcome, when I get the switch.

Best regards

Jonas

JohnnyThul

Tele-Meister
No update on the Footswitch so far, but I just need to say, that after having put the amp through its paces today for a good 2 hours , that this is really a great amp! Lots of sounds in there, great cleans which are not scooped as Blackface and a crazy variety of over the top Leadsounds.
Very easy to control via volume control from clean to mean and it does the controlled feedback thing like a champ. I am very impressed by this amp! I think I will follow the suggestion I often read on regards to a lower gain tube to tame the gain a bit, because this amp has so much gain on tap, whoa!
Liquid lead, Marshall like crunch, Soldano style, I also hear Trainwreck ( well, judging from videos only), it's all in there. Amazing amp!

63 vibroverb

Tele-Afflicted
No update on the Footswitch so far, but I just need to say, that after having put the amp through its paces today for a good 2 hours , that this is really a great amp! Lots of sounds in there, great cleans which are not scooped as Blackface and a crazy variety of over the top Leadsounds.
Very easy to control via volume control from clean to mean and it does the controlled feedback thing like a champ. I am very impressed by this amp! I think I will follow the suggestion I often read on regards to a lower gain tube to tame the gain a bit, because this amp has so much gain on tap, whoa!
Liquid lead, Marshall like crunch, Soldano style, I also hear Trainwreck ( well, judging from videos only), it's all in there. Amazing amp!

It's a great amp. I became interested in them years ago when I read someone say it's "Dark Side of The Moon" in a box, which has been pretty true in some ways. My favorite thing is the clean channel - it's a work of art IMO. Not crystally, but more of an earthy clean. Sounds very similar to the Vibro King's cleans to my ears.

After some trial-and-error tube rolling and some speaker upgrades, I've been really happy with mine. The reverb isn't as drippy/springy as I like, but the roomy/plate-ish character is a cool change now and then.

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
Agree. I love my Prosonics. Amazing cleans, versatile overdrive, built like a tank, old school, simple (for what it does) circuit, minimal tube complement, sounds good at whisper volumes and can get brutally loud.