1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Props to Custom World Guitar Parts

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by parttime, Jan 13, 2021 at 3:42 AM.

1. parttime

parttime TDPRI Member

hey all,

so i haven't been working on guitars very long, and am new to this site as well, but i recently got a squire tele that i decided to work over. i just wanted to give a shout out to these guys for being a pretty good company to go through so far.

https://www.customworldguitarparts.com/

this was my first time getting stuff from them and in full disclosure, i screwed up the payment the first time. they immediately sent me an email, and i thought it was from a bot that triggered from a failed payment. turns out it was actually a human and he was trying to contact me about my order. i paid another way a day later, but then never heard anything from them. anyway, after contacting them he immediately got back to me (on a saturday, outside of their posted hours) and we got it all sorted out. i am promised a few extra things becuase of the mix up (they were not alerted to the new payment from the service provider, so did not know i had completed the order). hopefully all is in order when it arrives this week and i will continue to have good things to say.

that's all, it's just nice to have good customer service and i wanted to give them some props. they also have like almost all pickguard configs (or a ton of them) which is nice. they do offer us shipping as well, but it says on their site probly expect delays due to u know what...

thanks, and happy jamming!

2. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Afflicted

In a hundred years people then will reminess about the old days, when customers actually talk with another human:cry:

boris bubbanov likes this.
  3. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Well said.

I think any business model, which excludes human to human contact (such voice conversation by telephone) is fatally flawed. I don't need to talk to the guys at the company every time. But I do need to know, I can easily reach them if I need to.

I've always put my money where my mouth is, on this subject. I encourage others to do likewise.

ndcaster likes this.
  4. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

But if Sweetwater calls you, people will come here and vent for pages. :confused:

I agree. A small bit of personal touch will instill confidence to buy again. Isn't that the point of retail?

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I hear you.

But Sweetwater doesn't manufacture anything and if there is a model of guitar from Martin, Fender or Gibson that was forced on the manufacturer by Sweetwater, I don't know of it. My comments are really about subsystems and parts and manufacturers of necks and bodies. Or the entities that "commission" them.

Because (with all due respect to them) I don't know what Sweetwater knows, that you and I (and many others here) don't know better. That's how I shut the guys from Sweetwater down when they called me. I asked them ten questions, and six of those, they couldn't answer. I'm talking about useful contact, not the waste of our time. I think retail works best, when the salesperson knows what he is selling.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.