Props from your peers?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Matt Sarad, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Matt Sarad

Matt Sarad Tele-Meister

After a mediocre Friday night show ( I-played Tele intoa Victoria Tweed Deluxe) where our lack of rehearsal crippled our mojo, the bassist and I went to the blues jam with our other band.
    We started with Taj Mahal’s You Don’t Miss Your Water, and followed with Howard Tate’s, How Come My Bulldog Don’t Bark, Baby?, Taj’s, She Caught the Katy, and ended with Coco Montoya’s, Women Have A Way With A Fool.
    We were well rehearsed,tight, balanced sound, and our singer is really stepping up his game. With guitar, bass, keys, and drums, we hit it perfectly.
    I used my PRS Double Cut Gold Top with Harmonic Design Soap Bars into a PRS H series 50 watt and a single 12” Jensen MOD in a funky old cabinet.
    As soon as we were done a guy came up grinning to shake my hand. The Master of Ceremonies complimented our song choice, saying it was a good mix of well known and obscure. Applause was loud and honest. After I cleared off my gear, another guitarist came up to congratulate me and chat. He said I reminded him of Larry Carlton and Robben Ford. I guess playing a 335 in the 70s and 80s paid off.
    I was shaking at the beginning: stage fright is something I got over years ago. By the time we hit the last song,I was feeling good and got my confidence back.

2. Greggorios

Greggorios Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Nice to hear Matt. Nothin' better than some "atta-boy's" from those who know!

57fenderstrat and Matt Sarad like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.