Proof cats are evil

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by blowtorch, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Rustbucket

Rustbucket Poster Extraordinaire

My GF had a cat when I met her, so by association, I have a cat. Cats aren’t necessarily evil, just narcissistic.

tintag27 likes this.
  2. dougstrum

dougstrum Tele-Afflicted

My grandson says " Felix is a good cat; he hasn't scratched me yet":confused:

3. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

upload_2020-9-16_12-28-15.gif upload_2020-9-16_12-28-15.gif

bsman, tintag27, Alamo and 2 others like this.
  4. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

We got a rescue orange tabby about 8 months ago from the SPCA. He's a pretty big boy...almost 20 lbs. We'd had Mickey for about a month when he began biting me every once in awhile. Prior to that he had been a real sweetheart...no problems. Twice in about a week he came up to me while I was watching TV and bit me on the knee out of the blue...not hard but definitely I had been bitten. And after the bites he would be sitting back, 'coiled', ready to spring with his ears pinned back...got my adrenaline going I can tell you. Then one day while petting him he REALLY chomped on me. I had to give him a good knock on the head to release his bite. Immediately my hand began to swell and throbbed and this continued through the night. The next day I got myself to my Dr. and she put me on a antibiotics for a week. You need a specific antibiotic for a cat bite because of a particular bacteria in their mouths.

DSCF9370.JPG

I called the SPCA and they were willing to take him back. But I got thinking about things and reviewing how I was interacting with him and that he was very new to our home. I came to the conclusion that I had largely been responsible for his behaviour...he was responding to how I was interacting with him. Frankly, I had been very physical with him, picking him up a lot and handling him like the big boy that he is, assuming he would be okay with that. So, rather than demanding that he behave differently, I figured that since I was the creature who supposedly has the bigger brain, I would alter my behaviour and give it a second chance. After a friend saw my post on FB about the bite he said to me "I wouldn't put up with it!" And I said, "I'm not!. I'm going to change my behaviour."

Things have been just fine since. We've had a couple small incidents but nothing like in the past. We get along just fine now. He's really very sweet. I limit my interaction with him and I'm aware of his moods. I pick him up every morning and cradle him for a few moments and he purrs and licks my hand...then I put him down. That's a daily routine. I pet him briefly throughout the day from time to time as well. I've lived with cats my whole life and they are can be strange little creatures, that's for sure.

P Thought, stevemc, tintag27 and 11 others like this.
  5. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

4A132FFC-CAB2-4B26-8533-B6DDC508194F.jpeg

Untouched photo of Frankie.

6.66 lbs of beelzebubbin’, luciferous buzz-saw meat-grinding.

Nah, she’s second only to Notch the cat in sweetness. Follows me around so she can jump in my lap .

6. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Evil cats are the best ones.

drlucky, RomanS and P-Nutz like this.
  7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I have picked up by actual count ONE MILLION pounds of cat shilt out of my yard in the last twelve years. I see that dirty bastard out walking, we eye each other from a distance, and ponder which of us will outlive the other! Our association is strained at the very least. People say their cat doesn't stink. There a house on the path between golf holes at a local golf course, that everyone knows to hold their nose at least a hundred feet before and after passing, or pay the price. Gagging at a minimum, puking at the max. Even the drunks can't stand it. Why the HOA hasn't burned the place down is a mystery to everyone who plays the course.

JJLC and Mike Eskimo like this.
  8. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Telefied Ad Free Member

Probably not the first time that a cat house has been adjacent to a golf course…

9. Toto'sDad

You wisdom and powers of observation are BIG ese!

drlucky, 39martind18 and Mike Eskimo like this.
  10. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

...then fill it with your pee for poetic justice. See how they like it.

11. Toto'sDad

Is this what you had in mind?

[​IMG]

Mike Eskimo likes this.
  12. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

You're lucky to still have that hand. Catmouth bacteria is 'Nature's Novichok'.

13. Masmus

Masmus Tele-Meister

Cat bites are serious and not to be taken lightly. Here in California if you go to the Dr they are required to report the cat to the county and must be quarantined for about 1 to 2 weeks and the county charges you a fee for this service even if you quarantined your own cat. If you say you don’t know who’s cat it is then they try to give you rabies shots. At least that’s how it used to be.

8barlouie and RoyBGood like this.
  14. JJLC

JJLC Tele-Meister

I thought about getting one of those Wrist Rocket sling shots & even a BB gun for the offending felines but I reside in the city so, I don't want to get on the bad side of the law.
    I figure I would just buy a trap, trap them thar vermin, and transport them down to the Mighty Mississippi so, they can become breakfast for bears. :lol:

Toto'sDad likes this.
  15. JJLC

JJLC Tele-Meister

Felines also spread ringworm like it's a X-Mas gift.
    I just love it when Moms say something like, "I don't know why little Timmy is covered in these strange, round, red patches, and Timmy says he itches all to Hell" and Mom has four cats. :lol:

Sure Mom, keep them thar kidos safe. :rolleyes:

RoyBGood likes this.
  16. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

HOAs are against cats? Well, hell! I may need to re-think my anti-HOA stance...:p

Toto'sDad likes this.
  17. drf64

drf64 Poster Extraordinaire

this is Bella’s long lost sister, Luna

0A67E6E7-0B95-45BC-BD46-825B7F4B0108.jpeg

8barlouie likes this.
  18. gpilgrim

gpilgrim TDPRI Member

I love my cat, but I do have a theory about cats being fundamentally evil.

I figure that cats are evil roughly in proportion to their size. I'm allowed to have a ~15lb house cat, because 15lbs isn't very much evil and I can handle it. If I were to try and have say, a 400lb cat, like a tiger, the authorities would come and take it from me, because they don't think I can contain so much evil.

Compare that with dogs - the authorities will let me have as big a dog as I care to have, because dogs are fundamentally good, so they aren't concerned.

Toto'sDad likes this.
  19. jimbo735

jimbo735 Tele-Afflicted

<---

Lazer eyed Matt,15Lbs of muscle and playing machine.

20. aging_rocker

aging_rocker Tele-Afflicted

My current cat is the sweetest little lady, not at all evil.

...unless you are a rodent...or try to pick her up (that will involve blood and cursing - I discovered this the day we picked her up from the SPCA. I still have the scar on the back of my hand)

Next time she needs to go to see the vet, I'll be borrowing some welding gloves.

8barlouie likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.