Probably done before but what are the ten best uk bands of all time?

Skyhook

Friend of Leo's
In no order. Subject to change. And open to discussion and other versions.

Beatles
Stones
Queen
Who
Pink Floyd
Jethro tull
Cream
Clash
Sex pistols
Radiohead
The Sex Pistols
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Sigue Sigue Sputnik
The Clash
Queen
The Beatles
Motörhead
Marillion (The Fish -years)

Very honorable mentions to:
Muse, Hawkwind, Blur, Oasis, Yes, Genesis, Cream, The Who and The Rolling Stones but at this moment in time, that's the list!

Kandinskyesque

Tele-Afflicted
i'm surprised nobody has mentioned blur or oasis. easy know everyone on here is over 50.. ;)
On tour with my band in the 90s we were playing cards (Rummy) in a B&B but were skint, so couldn't play for money.

The prizes were instead various well thought out motivations for winning.

Two of them that I won was a fight with the Gallagher brothers and a threesome with the Minogues.

25 years later I'm still waiting for either set of celebrity siblings to pay out.

I demand satisfaction.
(but don't know where to lodge my complaint)

Rusty Spanner

Tele-Meister
The Beatles.
The Clash.
The Smiths.
The Beta Band.
Hawkwind.
The Stone Roses.
Motorhead.
The Who.
Half Man Half Biscuit.
Roxy Music.

With honourable mentions for Blyth Power, Here and Now, Subhumans, Queen, Fairport Convention, Sabbath, Cornershop, Misty In Roots and Catatonia.

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
i'm surprised nobody has mentioned blur or oasis. easy know everyone on here is over 50.. ;)

I wouldn't really put Blur much higher than say .... The Charlatans, Verve, Pulp or any other indie band of that time and way below many of the others.... So no way they would make my top 10 of all time. They obviously got more popular and mainstream success than many but if I had to spend the rest of my life listening to 'Leisure' '13' and 'Think Tank' that wouldn't be a fun life.

I like Oasis a lot, one the best UK bands of the 90's but they weren't even the best band on Creation records imo, so they aren't going to make my top 10 either.

My top ten bands from the 90's would almost all be American. All the UK bands I loved in the 90's either weren't really that good on reflection, made a bunch of crap albums later on, or only made 1 or 2 albums, or just wouldn't make a top ten of all time for various reasons.

It's a tough question, I guess I can think of good reasons to include and not to include.

dlew919

Doctor of Teleocity
On tour with my band in the 90s we were playing cards (Rummy) in a B&B but were skint, so couldn't play for money.

The prizes were instead various well thought out motivations for winning.

Two of them that I won was a fight with the Gallagher brothers and a threesome with the Minogues.

25 years later I'm still waiting for either set of celebrity siblings to pay out.

I demand satisfaction.
(but don't know where to lodge my complaint)
I won a similar competition. But after the fight with the Minogue, I wasn’t keen for the Gallagher’s.

thegaijin

Tele-Holic
MY top 30 would include these 10

Queen
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd
Beatles
Rolling Stones
Oasis
The Waterboys
David Bowie
Dire Straits (think I’m the first… is it because Mark is a strat guy? Haha)
The Pogues (is pushing it, but pogue mahone :))