1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Pro Tube Twin gain channel problem

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by InTV, Nov 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. InTV

InTV NEW MEMBER!

Hi guys, I just picked up a used Fender Pro Tube Twin amp and I'm finding a weird issue with the gain channel. When switched onto this channel, the treble/bass/middle knobs seem to be controlling the volume of the channel. Once set to about half, I can use the gain/volume knobs appropriately, but if I were to turn one of the town knobs all the way down, it would bring the volume of the channel down to almost nothing. Anyone ever see this before?

2. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Welcome, InTV. There are circuits in which turning certain the controls to ‘zero’ while there are other circuits in which one can run the tones almost anywhere one wants. One question, what happens in the Clean mode when you try to set the tone controls at minimum? I am thinking you will may well find the same situation.

3. InTV

InTV NEW MEMBER!

It seems to only be an issue on the gain channel. Could that be normal? Could it be a tube issue?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.